Report 2 weeks ago
there are plenty of good threads mentioned here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4528776
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
this one, not that anyone will remember it except me lol

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5364798

features my fave user of all time Axiomasher who hasn't been around in forever :cry:
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My fave thread was one that harrysbar made after we had met for the first time and had enjoyed a day around Oxford.

It was a surprise because I was not expecting it!

She called it "I had a hot date with Oxford Mum AMA" or something like that. She had posted a lot of the photos my son had taken of us with our backs to the camera. We were facing a window in a pub called the "Bear" (Harrys wanted a photo because of the pub's name the bear) and everyone was trying to spot what we looked like through the window. Several people commented on my son, whose reflection you could clearly see.

Some posters thought, from Harrys masculine user name that she was a fella and we were romantically involved.
Others thought, because we had our arms around each other in one photo, that we were romantically involved.

Most people just thought it was sweet.

We ought to go back to Oxford and do a follow up thread, Harrys!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
My fave thread was one that harrysbar made after we had met for the first time and had enjoyed a day around Oxford.

She called it "I had a hot date with Oxford Mum AMA" or something like that. She had posted a lot of the photos my son had taken of us with our backs to the camera. We were facing a window in a pub called the "Bear" (Harrys wanted a photo because of the pub's name the bear) and everyone was trying to spot what we looked like through the window. Several people commented on my son, whose reflection you could clearly see.

Some posters thought, from Harrys masculine user name that she was a fella and we were romantically involved.
Others thought, because we had our arms around each other in one photo, that we were romantically involved.

That was funny - someone had a go at me because they thought I was cheating on my partner with you!
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was a longer, much funnier version of this tread which I assume was binned https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2313375

It doesn't seem funny reading that but it really was.
Kreaze
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

She? That user sounds like a man.
the_cosmo_guy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

literally a mum?
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kreaze)
She? That user sounds like a man.
No, she is named after a bar in Venice.

I can categorically state she is a woman as I have met her, and we are friends irl
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by the_cosmo_guy)
literally a mum?
Yes, I am a mum. Not harrys' mum, though. I give agony aunt advice, and advice on getting into Oxbridge.
the_cosmo_guy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, I am a mum. Not harrys' mum, though. I give agony aunt advice, and advice on getting into Oxbridge.
that's cool
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by the_cosmo_guy)
that's cool
Thanks, I really, really love it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads