Can i do two different undergraduate degrees from two different unis at the same time

Watch
kbr1907
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have 2 passions, Korean and Maths but I can't choose one over the other, if I had to do one I would do Korean but I wouldn't like to see myself not doing maths, is a part-time OU degree available maybe?
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you are already fluent in Korean then potentially it could work but you will not get Student Finance for the OU degree.
lol.yolo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
look for universities that offer joint/combined honours. Most joint/combined degrees involve complimentary subjects but some universities offer flexible (/open) combined degrees where you can take credits in two (or more) subjects of your choosing. I think durham have a flexible combined BA? don't quote me on that. Not sure if they offer Korean though as its one of the more niche languages in terms of UK university courses (Mandarin is widely offered, as are prominent European languages like French and Spanish)
Last edited by lol.yolo; 2 weeks ago
EconomicsStud3nt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’ll have exam clashes which will stop it happening.
And student finance won’t fund two programmes even if one is part time.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You asked exactly the same question several months ago.
And got exactly the same responses.
XanaXoid
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lol.yolo)
look for universities that offer joint/combined honours. Most joint/combined degrees involve complimentary subjects but some universities offer flexible (/open) combined degrees where you can take credits in two (or more) subjects of your choosing. I think durham have a flexible combined BA? don't quote me on that. Not sure if they offer Korean though as its one of the more niche languages in terms of UK university courses (Mandarin is widely offered, as are prominent European languages like French and Spanish)
Yeah durham has a quite flexible combined honours degree but unfortunately they don't offer a combined degree in math and korean. They offer 2 open modules on korean language but they don't have anythung about korean literature or culture
Last edited by XanaXoid; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.32%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (37)
15.81%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.27%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.26%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (28)
11.97%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.97%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.4%

Watched Threads