Kunioko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm in year 12 in Sixth Form and I currently take two BTECs (Hospitality & Catering and Animal Care) and one A-Level (History), but I really regret not taking three A-Levels, or at least two.

Is it possible to change courses this late into the year?
HannahGuys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
well I mean you can but I guess you have to repeat yr12 again probably with your new courses. also do you have the gcse grades for those a levels. or if your head of sixth form is really really nice he might just allow you to do it without falling year behind. but I guess yo might get low grades as you do have a lot of disadvantage.
matmic08092
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kunioko)
I'm in year 12 in Sixth Form and I currently take two BTECs (Hospitality & Catering and Animal Care) and one A-Level (History), but I really regret not taking three A-Levels, or at least two.

Is it possible to change courses this late into the year?
Perhaps contact your school to find out.

In my opinion it would be very challenging considering the overload of content you would have missed in AS. If you feel so strongly about taking 3 A-levels retaking the year sounds like the only sensible option.
90 cent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you'd have to repeat year 12 again
Kunioko
Rep:
?
(Original post by HannahGuys)
well I mean you can but I guess you have to repeat yr12 again probably with your new courses. also do you have the gcse grades for those a levels. or if your head of sixth form is really really nice he might just allow you to do it without falling year behind. but I guess yo might get low grades as you do have a lot of disadvantage.
I do have the required grades for the A-levels I wish I took, I did with my predicted grades, I was just stupid and decided not to take them and now regret it. I will speak to my head of year and see what he can do! Thank you for the help.
Anonymous778
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We’re coming towards the end of April, are you willing to start a new subject and catch up on 8 months worth of learning? And if you are, that’s probably not possible.
Kunioko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous778)
We’re coming towards the end of April, are you willing to start a new subject and catch up on 8 months worth of learning? And if you are, that’s probably not possible.
It's more like 4 months of work, thankfully. Our live lessons didn't really work, so since school only returned to on site lessons around 4 months ago, that's all the work we've done. Speaking with my friends in subjects I wish I had taken, they tell me they haven't done much work yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads