What does it mean to have an AS exam?

Watch
paledollxi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My friend isn't doing the same AS exam as me (mathematics), however she studies 4 subjects including further maths.
She said that the reason I have an AS exam is because the school thinks I'll drop out.
This might be a ridiculous thing but my teachers have not been transparent with me, and I am an immigrant so I don't know how this entire thing works?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by paledollxi)
My friend isn't doing the same AS exam as me (mathematics), however she studies 4 subjects including further maths.
She said that the reason I have an AS exam is because the school thinks I'll drop out.
This might be a ridiculous thing but my teachers have not been transparent with me, and I am an immigrant so I don't know how this entire thing works?
AS qualifications are just a one year award.

It doesnt mean you'll drop out, and their is no reason to assume your teachers have done so for this reason.

your school & subjects may have varying policies for entering students. Your better off discussing this with your teachers then taking a random year 12 at their word who is spouting whatever nonsense comes into their head.
paledollxi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
AS qualifications are just a one year award.

It doesnt mean you'll drop out, and their is no reason to assume your teachers have done so for this reason.

your school & subjects may have varying policies for entering students. Your better off discussing this with your teachers then taking a random year 12 at their word who is spouting whatever nonsense comes into their head.
Thank you so much for responding! I was really worried. I'm glad it's not like what she said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (98)
72.59%
No (37)
27.41%

Watched Threads