Lianne1988
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have an interview next week for a HCA band 2 and I’m just wondering what questions you were asked and answers you gave please particularly those about

Safeguarding
The core values
The 6 c’s
Integrity based.

Thank you
Last edited by Lianne1988; 3 weeks ago
BA13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am a Healthcare assistant and I attended a few interviews. None of the interviews I had asked about the 6 C's or the NHS values (they try to gauge those from the answers you give). I have always been asked about the core values of the specific trust I am interviewing at, and they usually give some scenario based questions as well as the usual "tell me a time when......" so I would look up the STAR technique. Also, if you know what type of ward you'll be on e.g. oncology, cardiothoracic, renal etc, I would read into that area. Just basic stuff like what are common conditions/procedure seen in that area. Also look into NEWS scores/chart.
Lianne1988
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks Hun,

I can’t see any info about the ward it just gave me the name and I said inpatients - the hospital isn’t a big one

I’m tying myself in knots and doing so much research -

I did gather it would be scenario questions
Elry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve been a healthcare assistant for a couple of years and I’ve had a few interviews on different wards and clinics. From what I can remember they always started with why did you apply to this particular ward and always asked about the trusts values. Each ward the interviews were different. Some questions for a particular ward was “what motivates you”, “where do you see yourself in five years” - very run of the mill questions in my opinion. However, another ward was more questions about “how would you ensure the privacy of a patient”, “what would you do if you witnessed a patient being mistreated”. They are always looking for a patient first, person centred answer so just keep that in mind with the NHS values and the 6 c’s and you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads