The Student Room Group

Resitting a levels grades please answer if you know

Hello. I am resitting A Levels and I was wondering if I achieved worse grades than my original grades would I not get into university and how would this affect UCAS. Would there be a possibility of getting my old grades back and would I have to keep the new grades forever? I’m extremely worried
(edited 3 years ago)
So are you resitting this year - or is this 'what if'?
My understanding is that your original grades would not be replaced by any lower grades from your resits.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
My understanding is that your original grades would not be replaced by any lower grades from your resits.

Oh okay how do you know this? And would universities be able to see that I got a worse grade though and would it affect my chances of getting accepted into university. Would I be able to write off my worse grade and keep the original
(edited 3 years ago)
The retakes don’t replace the original grades, they’re in addition to them.

You can’t ‘write them off’, they’re visible to any uni that you apply to and you must list both grades on UCAS applications otherwise your app could be excluded from the cycle.

Vast majority of unis will only look at your highest grade. There’s nothing you can do about it and it’s not worth worrying about it. Focus your energy on studying, not things out of your control.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending