The Student Room Group

should I go to prom with a boy I rejected?

so I was kinda going out with this boy last year and I liked him alot - he was very funny and I felt like I could totally be myself and show my sillly sense of humour to him.
But although he was kinda hot I just wasn't that attracted to him physically so when he asked if I wanted us to be a thing I kinda turned him down.
We didn't really keep in touch but I want to invite him to my school's prom as like a friend, would that be really mean after I've already dumped him??
If you’re friends then it makes sense to go to prom as friends but if you’re not in touch with him I think it’s a bit unfair on him if it gets his hopes up.
Let him know your intentions but then it's fine!
Prom probably won't be on with covid
Honestly, I do think that's a bit cruel. I get where you're coming from but that would just be such a slap in the face.
I agree with the others - its slightly misleading if you ask as he might think its more. Just set your intentions straight with him and go as friends. Or find someone else
Don't. He will inevitably think he has a shot. He doesn't. Even if you say "I have no interest in you romantically. None. Do you want to go with me to my prom as essentially a neuter bodyguard?" he will think he has a shot.

Don't do it.
"as a friend"

oh, no greater lie has been spoken
Reply 8
I wouldn't. You'd be playing with his feelings and that's not cool.

Quick Reply