The Student Room Group

I'm moving to America this summer - ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sandtrooper
Well, it's more than a visit, it's two years....

Would stay be a better word?
Indifferent at the moment, a little excited and nervous, though, and just wanting to get my COVID vaccine, lol.

Interesting. Good luck for the future ahead!
Will you be joining the crips or bloods?
Older than 21, younger than 23....

ah so middle aged then, cool
Reply 24
may i ask where in the States? :cookie:
Is there anything you’re particularly looking forward to seeing/trying? Will you try and visit some national parks/touristy bits? :biggrin:
is it University of Nebraska?
what uni?
Be careful mate, a lot of the 'Cans are a bit off their rocker. Enjoy your time there though, the nature is wonderful if you get away from town!
Take me with u
Original post by gtty123
Interesting. Good luck for the future ahead!

Thank you!
Original post by Joleee
may i ask where in the States? :cookie:

Happy to PM you the location but I have decided not to share right now due to privacy reasons. :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
Is there anything you’re particularly looking forward to seeing/trying? Will you try and visit some national parks/touristy bits? :biggrin:

Very much looking forward to seeing the scenery as it'll be relatively rural where I am. I'm a big NFL fan as well, so I'll hopefully be able to go to a few games.

And food, of course! :biggrin:
Original post by yeetouttawindow
is it University of Nebraska?

Original post by the_cosmo_guy
what uni?

I won't be sharing just yet, or possibly not at all, for privacy reasons, but you're not far off with Nebraska.
Original post by Callicious
Be careful mate, a lot of the 'Cans are a bit off their rocker. Enjoy your time there though, the nature is wonderful if you get away from town!

Ha ha, so I'm told, hopefully the students will be liberal and decent. And thank you, lots of greenery around where I'm going so I'm looking forward to that.
Original post by Zobia khan
Take me with u

soz my g
Very much looking forward to seeing the scenery as it'll be relatively rural where I am. I'm a big NFL fan as well, so I'll hopefully be able to go to a few games.

And food, of course! :biggrin:

You may wish to watch college football, especially if your new institution is D1.

I personally prefer the college version over the NFL.
Original post by mnot
You may wish to watch college football, especially if your new institution is D1.

I personally prefer the college version over the NFL.

It is a D1 programme, but they're not the best. Definitely not the worst, either, so I'm planning to go to a couple of games. :biggrin: That's my Saturdays and Sundays gone, then!
If you have a Panda Express close to you, I'd highly recommend trying their orange chicken and chow mein (if you eat meat), it's so good I think it'd be my death row meal :teehee:
I won't be sharing just yet, or possibly not at all, for privacy reasons, but you're not far off with Nebraska.

iowa
is that your final answer?
yes final answer

i went to a candian uni on exchange so probably quite similar to USA
imagine a UK uni but on steroids
there will be massive ups and downs but, youre gonna have the best 2 years of your life
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest