Relationships never working out for me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A few weeks ago me and girl started talking - but after a few days, she ignored my replies or took forever respondiong, cancelled meeting, and would later then block me. i was talking to a girl on tinder recently - well we matched on there, got talking, was due to meet this weekend but due to unforseen, genuine circumstances cancelled, came up in conversation that actually she's not looking for a boyfriend just new people. i'm a bit fed up of juist being alone both in terms of no friends and no significant other. social media/dating apps are my only option as im not in school right now, and even if i was i barely have any time left. i feel like whats the point. ive had one relationship, thjats it, last year, it didnt l;ast and im 18 ffs.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sounds like your really rushing into this very quickly

I mean cmon.... your 18...

I reckon the reason these chicks are acting like children on Tinder might be because they are children

My advice to most people your age is to stop looking to find others and instead focus on finding yourself.. this is coming from a 17-year-old btw
Jolhihilhil
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The thing is that some things don't happen. I've definitely been in your shoes, where I was just sick of being on my own, but it'll pass. You need to build confidence within yourself. You can't force a square peg through a round hole. Maybe the reason you don't want to be alone is because you haven't completely figured out who you are? Honestly, sixth form sucks for this reason. You go into it completely losing all the relationships you had in secondary school and it makes it easy to lose your identity. You have to find time within yourself before you can expect others to do the same.
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A few weeks ago me and girl started talking - but after a few days, she ignored my replies or took forever respondiong, cancelled meeting, and would later then block me. i was talking to a girl on tinder recently - well we matched on there, got talking, was due to meet this weekend but due to unforseen, genuine circumstances cancelled, came up in conversation that actually she's not looking for a boyfriend just new people. i'm a bit fed up of juist being alone both in terms of no friends and no significant other. social media/dating apps are my only option as im not in school right now, and even if i was i barely have any time left. i feel like whats the point. ive had one relationship, thjats it, last year, it didnt l;ast and im 18 ffs.
You're young and I get that you might be desperate to find your place and make relationships but you need to relax and take your time. There are people out there who will let you in and accept you but you just need patience and to be who you are without rushing and allowing yourself to be dismayed and disappointed. You're 18 and you should be having fun not trying to rush anything, take control and you will find what you seek.
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You've only tried a few women. Women online are flaky unless they're extremely interested. Try not to dwell on or assign to much meaning to their bad behaviour. Everyone has the same experience at first.

Like others have said work on yourself. You have plenty time. If you get in a relationship - fine, if not - fine.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 4Skin)
You've only tried a few women. Women online are flaky unless they're extremely interested. Try not to dwell on or assign to much meaning to their bad behaviour. Everyone has the same experience at first.

Like others have said work on yourself. You have plenty time. If you get in a relationship - fine, if not - fine.
I don't know lol like how am i supposed to meet women anywhere but online im not even sure im going uni next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads