Ali.m2004
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello guys
I have received an email from Woodhouse college that they said I moved to their waiting list because the subjects which I want to do is full and if the student who got offer go to other sixth forms I can get a place. I wanna do Biology and chemistry and math. The grades which was in y application was 9 in chemistry 9 in physics 7 in Biology 8 in Math 8 in History 7 in Media 6 In PE and 6 in RE and 5 in English. SO I dont know if my grades were the problem or you also got into the waiting list.
lalexm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ali.m2004)
Hello guys
I have received an email from Woodhouse college that they said I moved to their waiting list because the subjects which I want to do is full and if the student who got offer go to other sixth forms I can get a place. I wanna do Biology and chemistry and math. The grades which was in y application was 9 in chemistry 9 in physics 7 in Biology 8 in Math 8 in History 7 in Media 6 In PE and 6 in RE and 5 in English. SO I dont know if my grades were the problem or you also got into the waiting list.
Yes it probably is your grade predictions I’m afraid. Your maths and science grades are more than enough, but at Woodhouse you are supposed to get at least a 6 in English to do Biology. Don’t know if they would be flexible though given that your other grades are very good.
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by lalexm)
Yes it probably is your grade predictions I’m afraid. Your maths and science grades are more than enough, but at Woodhouse you are supposed to get at least a 6 in English to do Biology. Don’t know if they would be flexible though given that your other grades are very good.
Bro, in their entry requirements they said at least we have to get a 5 in English which I got and all the other grades was 7,8, and 9. Also I am the top student of my school. This shows how ridiculous is woodhouse that they dont give me offer, but they give their place to other students who are nothing against me in any subject, and their knowledge is not even 10% of my knowledge. But I dont care at all, because even i would have given an offer from woodhouse I wasnt going ther eas it is very bad sixth form and the majority in there even dont pass their A-levels and when they get C in A-levels they are happy which is absolutely devastating and I would not waste my talent in that ridiculous sixth form with its ridiculous students.
lalexm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bro, in their entry requirements they said at least we have to get a 5 in English which I got and all the other grades was 7,8, and 9. Also I am the top student of my school. This shows how ridiculous is woodhouse that they dont give me offer, but they give their place to other students who are nothing against me in any subject, and their knowledge is not even 10% of my knowledge. But I dont care at all, because even i would have given an offer from woodhouse I wasnt going ther eas it is very bad sixth form and the majority in there even dont pass their A-levels and when they get C in A-levels they are happy which is absolutely devastating and I would not waste my talent in that ridiculous sixth form with its ridiculous students.
You need to get a 5 in English for Maths, physics or chemistry, but on their website they specify minimum 6 in English for Biology. Maybe the reason being that there is more written work in Biology. Your other grades are excellent so that seems the logical reason why they have not offered you a place yet, but maybe email them to ask if you want to find out.
Last edited by lalexm; 1 month ago
Lalisa Manoban
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sounding salty isn't a cute look. You may wanna do some self-reflecting there...
monkicubi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
most students who go to woodhouse got mostly 9s in all their subjects
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by monkicubi)
most students who go to woodhouse got mostly 9s in all their subjects
yh because in the mock exams everyone had the mark scheme and their knowledge of all the subjects was nothing but because they just memorized the mark scheme they got grade 9 in all their subjects. You know I have applied to LAE stratford which is top 3 sixth form in London and I got offer from there and they always have the highest entry to the best universities of UK and their rank is top 3 in London which I'm going there next year. But woodhouse is very horrible sixth form as its full of students who just dont listen in the lessons and they dont have any aim for their future. That is why Woodhouse is not even top 100 sixth forms in London because dump students get there by memorizing mark scheme and having no knowledge of any subject but some people like me get into LAE stratford with their highest potential standard. I hope you good luck in Woodhouse with your fake grade 9s in mocks.
lalexm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh because in the mock exams everyone had the mark scheme and their knowledge of all the subjects was nothing but because they just memorized the mark scheme they got grade 9 in all their subjects. You know I have applied to LAE stratford which is top 3 sixth form in London and I got offer from there and they always have the highest entry to the best universities of UK and their rank is top 3 in London which I'm going there next year. But woodhouse is very horrible sixth form as its full of students who just dont listen in the lessons and they dont have any aim for their future. That is why Woodhouse is not even top 100 sixth forms in London because dump students get there by memorizing mark scheme and having no knowledge of any subject but some people like me get into LAE stratford with their highest potential standard. I hope you good luck in Woodhouse with your fake grade 9s in mocks.
I am struggling to understand your logic. If you believe Woodhouse is so bad, why did you apply there, and then ask about it here. Your predicted grades are good and meet all the minimum requirements except for Biology, where you need a grade 6 in English. They might offer you a place anyway, and you can probably get a place on results day, especially if you do achieve a grade 6 in English, but who knows if you still want to.
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by lalexm)
I am struggling to understand your logic. If you believe Woodhouse is so bad, why did you apply there, and then ask about it here. Your predicted grades are good and meet all the minimum requirements except for Biology, where you need a grade 6 in English. They might offer you a place anyway, and you can probably get a place on results day, especially if you do achieve a grade 6 in English, but who knows if you still want to.
I dont wanna be there anyway. Also, My english teacher has told me that the paper 1 english language which I did I got grade 7 on it and so if I get a 7 in Paper 2 in the next week, I will be getting grade 7.
Eivy234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You sound like a weirdo , memorising alevel content will get you a u in an exam please shutup. You haven’t even done your gcses and you are talking like you are someone special .
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eivy234)
You sound like a weirdo , memorising alevel content will get you a u in an exam please shutup. You haven’t even done your gcses and you are talking like you are someone special .
Yes because I am special. I am going to LAE stratford which is the 3rd sixth form in the UK and you going woodhouse but I am going there. Thats the difference between me and you.
Eivy234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes because I am special. I am going to LAE stratford which is the 3rd sixth form in the UK and you going woodhouse but I am going there. Thats the difference between me and you.
Nobody cares it’s a sixth form , you really are gonna get a shock when you start alevels Goodluck mr special
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eivy234)
Nobody cares it’s a sixth form , you really are gonna get a shock when you start alevels Goodluck mr special
I think it you that will get shock when Alevels start
PaigeMya001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ali.m2004)
bro, in their entry requirements they said at least we have to get a 5 in english which i got and all the other grades was 7,8, and 9. Also i am the top student of my school. This shows how ridiculous is woodhouse that they dont give me offer, but they give their place to other students who are nothing against me in any subject, and their knowledge is not even 10% of my knowledge. But i dont care at all, because even i would have given an offer from woodhouse i wasnt going ther eas it is very bad sixth form and the majority in there even dont pass their a-levels and when they get c in a-levels they are happy which is absolutely devastating and i would not waste my talent in that ridiculous sixth form with its ridiculous students.
loooooooooooool
seharkamran
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello guys
Firstly, if your grades are very good then the likelihood is that your answers to the questions weren’t as good as other people’s. That is a very important part of the application process and if you don’t spend time on it you won’t get in. Additionally, reading all your answers, your writing doesn’t seem to make much sense so maybe your grammar is what made them not accept you. Finally, Woodhouse College is the third best college in the country, and is ranked higher than LAE Statford. I’m not sure why you’re saying LAE is ranked higher. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t get in and there’s no need to be salty. But clearly you do care about not getting in if you decided to make a thread on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads