Will bus inspector chase up this?

Watch
Hali7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Bought an online ticket but then phone died when the inspector came on the bus. Luckily I had another phone on me and bought another ticket when he asked me to get off the bus. I showed him and he said I was lying my phone died. I was in my school uniform and think he knew what school I go to and he had bodycam footage.he said police were now on their way and I waited 10 mins and then walked off without giving my name or address as I refused to. Will they chase it up by going to my school and showing them the footage to identify me? Or is that not allowed? Read somewhere that this could lead to a conviction if to go to court as I did refuse to give details.
MaryMorgan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
- I assume you got off of the bus when told.

- You should have evidence of two phones and two tickets in the infinitesimally possible chance that the police were to contact you.

- You are most likely a minor unless in Sixth Form and from the information provided have done nothing that could be seen as a criminal offence.

- Unless you said or did something to the driver, I can't see how the police's priority would be going after a student without having clear evidence of a crime.
Hali7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MaryMorgan)
- I assume you got off of the bus when told.

- You should have evidence of two phones and two tickets in the infinitesimally possible chance that the police were to contact you.

- You are most likely a minor unless in Sixth Form and from the information provided have done nothing that could be seen as a criminal offence.

- Unless you said or did something to the driver, I can't see how the police's priority would be going after a student without having clear evidence of a crime.
Am I minor if I’m 18 years old and in year 13? I did show the bodycam footage the pic of my ticket
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
From what I can read, you had a valid ticket at (pretty much) all times. As I understand it, a confrontation happened that didn't need to and I'm still rather confused as to why. Highly doubt the police will arrive at your school. If further action is taken, it will likely be to contact the school and ask for them to deal with you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (195)
75%
No (65)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise