The Student Room Group

A Level Edexcel Maths 2021 Exam Assessment Material Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiny hobbit
It should be 0.035. The value of c is 1/12 or 0.0833...

Ah thank you... lol I done:
2(P(s<2) = P(s>2)
rather than:
P(s<2 = 2(P(s>2))
Original post by jaunty skeletons
Wrote the answer neatly this time ahah, if you get two notifications from me it’s because i deleted the first one. Answer is 0.035BB669B4F-71AE-41B6-AC55-6044B7710525.jpeg

ahah thanks jaunty
Original post by Jomel123
Here you go, just done it...

Do not post solutiona - it's against forum rules
hi, this all made sense but can you explain how you did the integration in part b? i ended up with just -1/4, so i’m not sure where i went wrong 🥲

it would be better if you can share your working so that i can see where you went wrong :smile:
Help with part (ii) (b) (the 7 marker) of this question please anyone:

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 16.25.00.png

My answer so far but I don't know what to do next:
tempImageLtr7QO.jpg
Reply 85
can you share the answers u got pls. it would really help me because i have it tomorrow. thank you
Original post by inara_30
sorry i only just checked this now yes i have gone through it
Hey! Has anyone done question 7 of the Topic 8 integration (the one about the balloon deflating)? I got part a, but my answer to part b is..
r^3 = 2240t^2 + 64000
Did anyone else get this? :K:
Original post by helpme111
For 9MA0 iteration topic 9 the first question (ii) it says to find the x coordinate of P however What does it mean by this what P?

Most likely this was a sub-part of the whole question that they did not include, you can only do the first part with the amount of the question that they have given:u:
Reply 89
how did you cancel both of the e functions on the denominator? the numerator is two separate values so even if they both have the e function as a factor, shouldn’t it only cancel the square of the e function?? i’m so confused,,

also sorry if you get this message twice i’m not sure if sure if it went through the first time

Very sorry for the late reply:redface:. I'm not saying I know for sure, but I thought you could cancel the first bracket of e in the denominator with the first e in the numerator. Then you are left with another e in the denominator and it cancels with the e on the end of the numerator. Hope that makes sense but that's the 'logic' I used but that might well be wrong:colondollar:
Original post by Jomel123
Very sorry for the late reply:redface:. I'm not saying I know for sure, but I thought you could cancel the first bracket of e in the denominator with the first e in the numerator. Then you are left with another e in the denominator and it cancels with the e on the end of the numerator. Hope that makes sense but that's the 'logic' I used but that might well be wrong:colondollar:

You're wrong. See post 74.
Original post by pipthesqueak
Hey! Has anyone done question 7 of the Topic 8 integration (the one about the balloon deflating)? I got part a, but my answer to part b is..
r^3 = 2240t^2 + 64000
Did anyone else get this? :K:

Sorry I haven't done part b, cause I'm stuck on part a. How did you do it?
Original post by tigerdingo
Sorry I haven't done part b, cause I'm stuck on part a. How did you do it?

V= 4/3(pi)r^3 (volume of a sphere)
dV/dr = 4(pi)r^2
dV/dt = -k (got from the question where they say volume is decreasing at a constant rate)
dr/dt = dr/dV * dV/dt
= 1/4(pi)r^2 * -k
=-k/r^2
1/4(pi) is written as part of the constant
hope this makes sense!! :colondollar:
Original post by pipthesqueak
V= 4/3(pi)r^3 (volume of a sphere)
dV/dr = 4(pi)r^2
dV/dt = -k (got from the question where they say volume is decreasing at a constant rate)
dr/dt = dr/dV * dV/dt
= 1/4(pi)r^2 * -k
=-k/r^2
1/4(pi) is written as part of the constant
hope this makes sense!! :colondollar:

Ah thank you so much! That makes sense!
Has anyone done Q8 of the integration pack?
Does anyone know how to do Q5 i b of applied maths edexcel 9MA0 topic 3 probability?
Original post by astrogirl_
Does anyone know how to do Q5 i b of applied maths edexcel 9MA0 topic 3 probability?

Sorry about how messy it is, but i think it should be something like this?? (I might be wrong though ahah) We don’t have any information on what P(B) actually is so I think you should only fill in the venn in terms of P(B). For part b, the overall probability can’t be more than 1.00, so the maximum value of P(B) should be 0.25 (because 1-(4x0.25) is 0).
Has anyone done questions 4 and 5 on moment resource set 1 topic 9 9MA0??
Sorry about how messy it is, but i think it should be something like this?? (I might be wrong though ahah) We don’t have any information on what P(B) actually is so I think you should only fill in the venn in terms of P(B). For part b, the overall probability can’t be more than 1.00, so the maximum value of P(B) should be 0.25 (because 1-(4x0.25) is 0).

thank you so much it makes so much sense now that i think about it!!
Original post by helpme111
Has anyone done questions 4 and 5 on moment resource set 1 topic 9 9MA0??

i already did my moments exam so i binned my answers like an absolute fool but i’ll look for the questions again when i get into my next class, just give me a while ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending