Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How do you think UCL and Manchester compare to the old IITs like IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur for physics in undergrad, first considering money then not considering money? Assume for a student from an (upper?) middle-class family in India.
Doctor_Wormhole
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you think UCL and Manchester compare to the old IITs like IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur for physics in undergrad, first considering money then not considering money? Assume for a student from an (upper?) middle-class family in India.
I’d say go for IITs because IITB is actually really good. However, if you’re getting UCL, try for imperial also... Imperial>> IITB>> UCL>> IITK (my opinion)
Last edited by Doctor_Wormhole; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Doctor_Wormhole)
I’d say go for IITs because IITB is actually really good. However, if you’re getting UCL, try for imperial also... Imperial>> IITB>> UCL>> IITK (my opinion)
Hmm that makes sense. I've already gotten a conditional offer from UCL but I didn't apply to Imperial. Other than Science I like music and literature/philosophy too and I wasn't sure if I'd get that at Imperial, and the tuition fee is higher? Probably should've applied to Imperial too but it's gone now.
Doctor_Wormhole
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hmm that makes sense. I've already gotten a conditional offer from UCL but I didn't apply to Imperial. Other than Science I like music and literature/philosophy too and I wasn't sure if I'd get that at Imperial, and the tuition fee is higher? Probably should've applied to Imperial too but it's gone now.
Did you get into Bombay? IIT madras is also good for maths and physics
Last edited by Doctor_Wormhole; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Doctor_Wormhole)
Did you get into Bombay? IIT madras is also good for maths and physics
Oh no JEE Advanced will happen on 3rd July, unless it's postponed, so will see then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads