The Student Room Group

Thinking of transferring University

I am in my second year of children's nursing at LSBU. I my First year of nursing I went out into placement, which was ward based. I got treated so badly to the point I want to drop out. I raised this concerns to my university they brush it under the carpet and then pandemic happened and students were not allowed to go into placement. Now that I am back into my placement as a second year, the concerns that I had raised have not be followed up even tho the person dealing with it said that they have and when I went back to the same ward, they treated me 10x worse. the nurses/ assessor made silly/rude comments.I raised this again to my university and I suggested to move my trust, and they said no and the only support they are giving is having weekly meeting, which I don't want as I had enough.I generally like caring for children, but this whole experience is making me question it.I am considering transferring university but I have no clue how or where to even begin with, because my personal tutor is no help at all. I am aware that I have to move to a university with similar modules as I will be in my last year but I have not found university with similar modules.this is putting too much pressure on me, I cry everyday because I am so stress and just thinking about going to placement it makes me wanna scream.
Reply 1
Hello, I am just starting Yr1 come September, so I can’t offer any advice on placement.. but any university should be looking out for their students and making sure that the well being of their students is monitored and protected. You need to go back and talk to your course lead and then even higher if this doesn't help. Do you have anyone else on the course that you can talk too?
This shouldn't be allowed to happen and I really hope you get it sorted x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending