Help choosing my A-levels

Watch this thread
aniyah.haider
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Heyy,
So I've just completed my Gcse's and I have to choose subjects for my A-level. I want to do graphic designing later on, so for that what subjects would be most useful? I want to choose subjects relating to art and marketing strategies.
I have an idea of choosing: computer science, art and design, business.
Can you please advice me and help me out?
Thank you
Last edited by aniyah.haider; 1 year ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
How to Choose your Sixth Form Subjects : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
emek4official
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Computer Science, Art and Design, Business are good options.

Do you have a DT/Graphics A Level?

Have you done all those subjects and do you enjoy all of them?
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thats actually a very good choice considering they all go hand in hand for marketing. Flexible too
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aniyah.haider)
Heyy,
So I've just completed my Gcse's and I have to choose subjects for my A-level. I want to do graphic designing later on, so for that what subjects would be most useful? I want to choose subjects relating to art and marketing strategies.
Thank you
Hey

Here at Portsmouth and equally across many UK Universities, no specific A-Level subjects are required for entry for a graphic design A-Level.
However, a portfolio is required, therefore any art/graphics based subject may be useful to help build this up https://www.port.ac.uk/study/courses...raphic-design\

However, I would really recommend picking subjects you enjoy, it will make the experience so much more smooth!
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions
Sian- UoP Rep
Cant.be.asked
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Computer science, Art and Business sounds like really nice A Levels
calebfrancis02
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aniyah.haider)
Heyy,
Thank you
A few colleges actually do Graphic Design courses for A-Level. Not too sure where you're from but here near me in London there was a graphic design course at my college! Business sounds great in relation to marketing, yet I don't know much on computer science. Good luck!
insidedesigner
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Choose a creative/design subject, then whatever else interests you. The ones you've selected are fine, but choosing art and design, history and English would be just as relevant. Good graphic designers have a broad knowledge of many fields so it's good to keep your options open. Also, be prepared that you may want to do a foundation year before you apply to Universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads