r.uh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone

I'm just asking whether you would consider it cheating if there are students who know that teachers are going to assess them on government-published material and choose to plan/ answer those questions in that material before sitting the assessment?

Like where is the quality assurance if students are already researching the answers to questions and potentially just memorising responses to what they will be assessed upon?
K_JILL21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
youve got this
r.uh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by K_JILL21)
youve got this
What's that supposed to mean? The entire system is a joke right?
lijfweowj33
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r.uh)
What's that supposed to mean? The entire system is a joke right?
yeah its super duper ****ed
K_JILL21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lijfweowj33)
yeah its super duper ****ed
have you tried meditation it can help the mind and body grow. you have this

peace out,
jesus2.0
xx
AK_017157
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by r.uh)
Hi everyone

I'm just asking whether you would consider it cheating if there are students who know that teachers are going to assess them on government-published material and choose to plan/ answer those questions in that material before sitting the assessment?

Like where is the quality assurance if students are already researching the answers to questions and potentially just memorising responses to what they will be assessed upon?
Bang on. You've literally answered your own question there; This week, I had 2 literature tests and prior to this, a few months ago I also had another test so 3 tests in total which will make my GCSE English Literature grade at the end of year 10 (yes in our school we do English Lit GCSE in Year 10 and all other exams in year 11). 3 tests consisting of 1 for poetry, 2 for plays. For poetry, our poems were narrowed down from 15 to 6 and so we only had to learn 6 and we could basically briefly memorise responses from the internet and then implement it into our exam. For the 2 tests we did this week on 'Romeo and Juliet' and 'An Inspector Calls', we knew exactly what the question was going to be on since our teachers were allowed to tell us as a result of missed learning and exam boards being lenient. Therefore for the tests on the plays, we basically memorised grade 9 responses and put them into our tests: yes, it was as easy as that. Memorising grade 9 answers and putting them into our tests. However, you'd be shocked to realise that was very minute in contrast to ACTUALLY CHEATING. Since we do the tests in class, many people used their phones and small pieces of paper which they would put into their blazer pockets and then use to cheat with. Some people also put their phones into their pencil cases and whilst the teacher was busy on their computer, they would look at their pencil case and copy. Pretty shocking of how easy it was to cheat this year. It's insane...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads