The Student Room Group

Edinburgh vs NUS Applied Mathematics

Hello! I have an offer from these two places. I was wondering if NUS MSc by coursework is better than Edinburgh Applied Computational Mathematics or vice versa? I intend to pursue a job post the degree so what are job prospects like after the course?
Where do you want to work? And are you ok taking the extra time for the NUS MSc?
Original post by Helloworld_95
Where do you want to work? And are you ok taking the extra time for the NUS MSc?

Extra time as in? I’m an international student so I’m okay with working at both places. Which degree has more job prospects?
Original post by Doctor_Wormhole
Extra time as in? I’m an international student so I’m okay with working at both places. Which degree has more job prospects?

As in the Edinburgh degree takes one year (so only one year of costs and you will start your job sooner), whereas the NUS degree is typically 2 years and seems like it can take 3 years sometimes.
Original post by Helloworld_95
As in the Edinburgh degree takes one year (so only one year of costs and you will start your job sooner), whereas the NUS degree is typically 2 years and seems like it can take 3 years sometimes.

Yes that solely depends on modules undertaken and duration to finish them or the dissertation, I believe. In case, I want to switch to academia which University and degree would benefit me more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending