The Student Room Group

Strathclyde, GCU, or UWS

I have applied to all three University's to do my BA in Social work. So far I've had an offer at UWS and still being considered for the other two. I have no idea which one to accept (if I am even given more offers) . I have never been to any of these UNIS and due to COVID I imagine a wee visit is out of the question at this time. Any info, advice or experience from anyone who has studied SW at any of these Unis would be much appreciated 😊
Hi Ann,

I'm in the same boat for the exact same course as you! I've currently narrowed my choices to either UWS Paisley or GCU and am currently leaning more towards UWS due to location and campus. Some of the best things to consider are the league table rankings and what campus you prefer. The University websites should have virtual tours on offer, I hope you got the chance to attend the UWS offer holder day today too and that might have helped shape your decision.

I hope to you see you where-ever you decide to study!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey John,
It's so nice to hear from a fellow future SW student. I too am currently leaning more towards UWS. I think this is because I feel they have made an effort to connect with me. I did manage to attend the offer holders event today and it was certainly informative. If I manage to obtain offers for the other two University's I hope that they will do something similar to help me with my final decision.

Best wishes for you on this new adventure 😊

Quick Reply

Latest