AQA A Level Psychology PLEASE HELPWatch
Martin is studying for his modern language exams. He revises French followed by Spanish on the same night and then gets confused between the two: for example, he remembers the French word for ‘chair’ instead of the Spanish word for ‘chair’. Sometimes, his mum helps to test Martin’s vocabulary. When he is unable to remember a word, his mum tells him the first letter, then he can often recall it correctly.
Discuss two explanations for forgetting. Refer to Martin’s experiences in your answer.
(Total 12 marks)
How would I answer this in terms of A03I've looked at the markscheme and I don't understand what it means by:
• Use of evidence to support or contradict explanations.
• Credit evaluation of evidence where used to discuss explanations.
• Question of whether interference involves over-writing of other information.
• Role of similarity in interference and response competition.
• Issue of accessibility versus availability.
• Semantic memory more resistant to interference than other types of memory.
• General implications for revision and other situations.
• Relevant links to memory theory: eg stage at which interference might occur in the