The Student Room Group

Always nervous / coward wimp

As a man I always feel nervous on edge. I have never noticed this before. I kind of have no balls and even when I run across a road rather than walking it is kind of embarrassing. I find it difficult to take risks it has kind of ruined my life I still live my parents at 34.
Are you scared of ghosts?
Original post by Anonymous
As a man I always feel nervous on edge. I have never noticed this before. I kind of have no balls and even when I run across a road rather than walking it is kind of embarrassing. I find it difficult to take risks it has kind of ruined my life I still live my parents at 34.

I think there’s nothing wrong when running when you cross the road, it just makes you smart if anything. As for still living with your parents, a lot of people work at their own pace in moving out of the house. It is seen as an embarrassing thing but if there’s only one thing I can tell you, it’s that it’s only you living your life and not them. Work at your own pace, and whenever you’re ready, move out. Try earning some money, become stable and independent then you’ll reach this stage faster than you know it. :yy:

You may have anxiety problems? Perhaps think about that and maybe see if you can deal with it.

Also it seems like you probably haven't found what you want to do with your life? Perhaps put a lot of thought about this, courses you might be able to do, hobbies to take up?

All this helps you gain some confidence and break out of this shell and this pattern of thinking. I did it myself.
I still live my parents at 34.

34? How 😂? Do you have a problem?
You're probably stuck in permanent 'fight or flight' mode because of some earlier experience or trauma. The only way you get over this is repeatedly exposing yourself to situations which cause you anxiety. Literally, that's the only way. Endure the discomfort.

Its easy to get stuck at home these days, so don't feel to bad about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending