M1 after the exam discussion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Womble548
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
what did you all get for the question part d where they said that the impulse was 2.4Ns ? You had to find the time taken for the object to hit a wall and roll back............?
I got 3.06, some people got 3.07. I think it depends when/if you rounded the speed of the particle or kept it at 24-sqrt220
!Laxy!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by !Laxy!)
I know this isnt about this exam, but does anyone know what the raw mark needed for an A in the June 2004 M1 paper was?
is that a no?
ThugzMansion7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by !Laxy!)
is that a no?
i have the mark scheme if u want to calculate anything...sorry i know its not what u wanted thou :cool:
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Womble548)
I am about the answers, not about the working there as I was trying to remeber the question
yeah I ,mean the answers youve posted earlier are you sure they are right?? :confused:
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Womble548)
I got 3.06, some people got 3.07. I think it depends when/if you rounded the speed of the particle or kept it at 24-sqrt220
hang on- how did you do it again?
!Laxy!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThugzMansion7)
i have the mark scheme if u want to calculate anything...sorry i know its not what u wanted thou :cool:
its just that i did the exam in June and got 91/100 and i know i mucked up the vectors question. I was just wondering was the boundary for an A was.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Show that after that X is removed - the particle is still in equlibriums - how did you guys do it? I showed that the force upslope is bigger than the force downslope!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the one that bounced off the wall. What is t? I got 13.8/14.8secs or something
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Show that after that X is removed - the particle is still in equlibriums - how did you guys do it?
worked out the weight component and said that it is less than mu(R)
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the one that bounced off the wall. What is t? I got 13.8/14.8secs or something
i got 3.07 seconds, but the speed at C i found to be 14.8 seconds.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
worked out the weight component and said that it is less than mu(R)
wicked! got that right. how about the one that bounced off the wall. What is t? i worked out that the velocity that it bounced off the wall is minus thirty something. I assumed that the acceleration (-3ms^-2) is the same as it says that the force is unchanged, and then but p=0.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wicked! got that right. how about the one that bounced off the wall. What is t? i worked out that the velocity that it bounced off the wall is minus thirty something. I assumed that the acceleration (-3ms^-2) is the same as it says that the force is unchanged, and then but p=0.
velocity when it bounced off the wall was 9.2, as opposed to 38.8 (is that what you got?).
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
i got 3.07 seconds, but the speed at C i found to be 14.8 seconds.
hmm i think ive got it wrong, what was ur method?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
velocity when it bounced off the wall was 9.2, as opposed to 38.8 (is that what you got?).
i cant remember! i just worked it out through mv-mu, and yea it seems to be -38.8 or something i got :eek:
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i cant remember! i just worked it out through mv-mu, and yea it seems to be -38.8 or something i got :eek:
yeah i also got 38.8 initially. Then I realised some mistakes in my working. For one, the speed can't increase after it bounces off the wall.
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i got v to equal 10??!!
habosh
Rep:
?
alot of stuff is similar to what I've got but I still think the vector thing at the end is not convencing
habosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by faa)
i got v to equal 10??!!
wrong I guess,i didn't get any 10
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mv-mu=2.4

divide all through by 0.1

v-14=24

v = 38 ???%£%$£$&% lol
habosh
Rep:
?
but it's reversed so it turn into +
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1335)
79.65%
Leave (341)
20.35%

Watched Threads