Reply 160
And me!
Reply 161
ruth_lou
how did u get 6.2?

Area of trapezium thingy

Distance = 0.5(9+u)x5
= 2.5(9+u)

The distance is 200 - previous answer (was it 162?168? something like that)
Reply 162
Womble548
Area of trapezium thingy

Distance = 0.5(9+u)x5
= 2.5(9+u)

The distance is 200 - previous answer (was it 162?168? something like that)

Distance was 38 (200-162)
Reply 163
ruth_lou
how did u get 6.2?

when you're find out the area of that small triangle, just do 0.5x5x(9-u) or whatever it was
Reply 164
I reckon I lost maybe 1-2 marks on the explanation about friction (might have missed some terminology) and that was about it, if wombles answers are right... But in 2A it was 441N not 147... as it was 45g...

I am so happy about that paper.
RobbieC
I reckon I lost maybe 1-2 marks on the explanation about friction (might have missed some terminology) and that was about it, if wombles answers are right... But in 2A it was 441N not 147... as it was 45g...

I am so happy about that paper.

yeah it was 441N
Robbie, didnt you do M1 in November????
Reply 167
habosh
hehehehehehehee I honestly LMFAO hehehe
you always do stuff exactly oppsite to me I subtracted to get 1:41 :biggrin:
but I still believe my answer is right
I am sorry Habosh, but it DID ask for the time the ship goes out of the observer's sight. NOT the length of time it was IN their field of vision... I am 98% on that.
Reply 168
habosh
I remember clearly it DOES change
Our survey said... egh urgh...

I took left to right as positive and given the conservation of momentum, I got a velocity after collision of -0.7ms^-1

The same direction as it started.
Reply 169
Mathemagician
yeah it was 441N

I know, thats me forgetting to read the question again!
Reply 170
Godsize
Habosh, you are mentally retarded and your signature sucks. Get a life.
There is no room for that attitude here.
Reply 171
Mathemagician
Robbie, didnt you do M1 in November????
Sure did, but my teacher entered me for the retake (since id taken it early and screwed up)... MUCH happier bout today.

What did you take in November? Im awaiting a P2 remark (my old foe) and my M1... Reckon I might have got a high B and low B, respectively... You optimistic about tomorrow?
RobbieC
Sure did, but my teacher entered me for the retake (since id taken it early and screwed up)... MUCH happier bout today.

What did you take in November? Im awaiting a P2 remark (my old foe) and my M1... Reckon I might have got a high B and low B, respectively... You optimistic about tomorrow?

ohh...yeah, i am awaiting P1 and P2 results. i'll post them straight away....cant wait :smile:. i think i should get 90+ in both.
Reply 173
Mathemagician
ohh...yeah, i am awaiting P1 and P2 results. i'll post them straight away....cant wait :smile:. i think i should get 90+ in both.

P2 I just screwed up and lost about 5 marks stupidly (did exam on 5 hours sleep), and lost another 2 because I didnt get wtf the paper was chatting about, lol..

Hopeing for around 85%, but thats not too realistic. Hope it goes well, ill post mine sometime.
Reply 174
im useless at mechanics, yet found it better than expected! not too bad!
Godsize
But you cant deny the information can you?... Meaning im right :biggrin:

Also, to clear out the problems in q 1.

THE VELOCITY BEFORE WAS -2. THE NEW VELOCITY TURNED OUT TO BE -0.7 WHICH IS THE SAME DIRECTION period.

got that aswell...but told examiner what direction i was taking +/- to be
Reply 176
RobbieC
I am sorry Habosh, but it DID ask for the time the ship goes out of the observer's sight. NOT the length of time it was IN their field of vision... I am 98% on that.

well I did everything actully only the wrong thing in 7d the subtracting I dont guess they will make me lose the whole mark for that they'll understand I got the question wrong and maybe hopefully treat it that way,the does change thingie I discovered where did I go wrong,just I'm usually tensed the first questions,I read the 2.5 speed wrong and used speed as 3 instead I've just remembered the question solved it and got .7 same as the sign before so it must 've been my mind playing games with me at that time but it's ok I'll get over it :wink:
Reply 177
I put as if it did change although I remember thinking about it being negative and it had previously been negative as well. :/

How many marks for that part of question?

Latest