The Student Room Group

Student Finance England

Good afternoon everyone, Does anyone know if it is possible for a EU citizen to access the Student Finance England, even if you already have a degree? I have been living in England for the past 4 years, and working for the first 3 1/2. I would love to go back to study, and my previous degree has not been obtained in UK. I'd really appreciate if anybody has any info about it.Thank you for your attention!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by The-Eternaut
Good afternoon everyone, Does anyone know if it is possible for a EU citizen to access the Student Finance England, even if you already have a degree? I have been living in England for the past 4 years, and working for the first 3 1/2. I would love to go back to study, and my previous degree has not been obtained in UK. I'd really appreciate if anybody has any info about it.Thank you for your attention!

Hi there,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for your reply. So:

1. I've had an offer from a College of Music for a BA (Hons) Career Musician, starting this September
2. I'm 31
3. I'm Italian with a pre-settled status, and I've been living in the UK for the past 4 years
4. I studied in my country of origin for 5 years - Fine Arts Degree (I've also checked if the degree is recognised here in the UK, but I cannot find anything that confirms it)

Please let me know if any further info is needed.

Thanks for taking the time for this.
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for your reply. So:

1. I've had an offer from a College of Music for a BA (Hons) Career Musician, starting this September
2. I'm 31
3. I'm Italian with a pre-settled status, and I've been living in the UK for the past 4 years
4. I studied in my country of origin for 5 years - Fine Arts Degree (I've also checked if the degree is recognised here in the UK, but I cannot find anything that confirms it)

Please let me know if any further info is needed.

Thanks for taking the time for this.

What level was your fine art degree, was it equivalent to the ba hons/level 6?
Thanks, Isaac
I would think so, yes

Thanks
I would think so, yes

Thanks

In that case, you won't be entitled to funding.
You can only be funded for an exception course or something that is a higher level.

Below is a list of the Full Time courses exempt from Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) and Previous Study rules:
- Graduate Entry Medical Chiropody
- Dietetics
- Dietetics and Nutrition (Please note that these courses specifically have both dietetics and nutrition in the title. The individual course ‘nutrition’ is not a valid Allied Health Professional course)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (Diplomas and Degrees)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Radiotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy/ Dental courses

Part Time
If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below. For students who start a new course from 18/19 onwards, this will mean they can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan as well as tuition fees.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
In that case, you won't be entitled to funding.
You can only be funded for an exception course or something that is a higher level.

Below is a list of the Full Time courses exempt from Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) and Previous Study rules:
- Graduate Entry Medical Chiropody
- Dietetics
- Dietetics and Nutrition (Please note that these courses specifically have both dietetics and nutrition in the title. The individual course ‘nutrition’ is not a valid Allied Health Professional course)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (Diplomas and Degrees)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Radiotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy/ Dental courses

Part Time
If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below. For students who start a new course from 18/19 onwards, this will mean they can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan as well as tuition fees.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much for taking the time for this.

Have a good one.
Thank you very much for taking the time for this.

Have a good one.

You're welcome. I hope you have a great evening :smile:
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending