The Student Room Group

When Should I apply for Apprenticeships?

I am currently in Year 12 and I have already decided that university is simply not for me and I want to pursue an Apprenticeship opportunity. I was thinking of Applying to places like Ernst and Young and KPMG. I need to know when to apply to these places. At the start of Year 13 or When?
most apprenticeships open between october and february
Employers take on new Apprentices throughout the year. You can apply for Apprenticeships today, tomorrow, next week - whenever it suits you. You specifically named two organisations - there would be absolutely no harm in reaching out to them directly regarding this query.

There is no specific time of the year when Apprenticeships begin, as even Apprenticeships that rely on the Academic year in terms of delivering training, can simply be delivered at a later stage in the Apprenticeship (I.E block release).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
For big accounting apprenticeships - these tend to open around Sept of the year before the job would start.
I had a quick glance on Find an Apprenticeship - there are over 100 Accountancy based Apprenticeships currently listed with a planned start date in May. Just to further illustrate my point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending