The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Delay in getting CAS

I got a conditional offer from the university to study MSC global health on 23rd of March and made the deposit on 31st of March.
I have also uploaded the required documents.
I am yet to receive the CAS number. The enrollment date is May 3rd.
I don't know what to do again after sending mails to the international office.
Original post by Oladelehanafi
I got a conditional offer from the university to study MSC global health on 23rd of March and made the deposit on 31st of March.
I have also uploaded the required documents.
I am yet to receive the CAS number. The enrollment date is May 3rd.
I don't know what to do again after sending mails to the international office.

Hi @Oladelehanafi

I apologise for the delay in waiting to receive your CAS letter. It is frustrating and distressing being in this position especially when you're due to enrol next month.

To support your case, I was able to contact the International Office to ask for further advice to give you the information you need. Given the situation you are in, just to clarify there is a backlog currently with CAS letters being issued out due to COVID, therefore, it is taking considerably longer for students to receive their letter to then apply for their VISA. Usually, under normal circumstances, it would take between 2-5 days, but now things can take up to 10 days. You are not alone in this position as many other students are in a similar situation, unfortunately.

It is best to email [email protected] and state your application ID and ask specifically what you're looking for so the team can get back to you as soon as possible. This can take between 2-10 days depending on the information you are asking for. It's important to keep asking and to contact the international office so that you are being proactive in monitoring your application progress. Therefore, I've been advised for you to contact +44 (0) 24 7615 2152 so that you can directly speak to a member of the international office and you can explain your situation. State your start date and they will signpost you to contact the appropriate department at the department. By doing this, you are notifying the university of your situation and they will be able to assist where necessary while you wait for your CAS letter. If you do not do this, you may risk your chance of enrolling at the university next month.

Again, I am sorry to hear of your situation, but do hang in there and let us know of your progress. We will try our best to assist.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Thank you Veronica.....
Thank you Veronica.....
which univesity
Original post by radadiya bhavin
which univesity

Assumingly Coventry University as this thread is posted within the Coventry University thread

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Please, do I need to show proof of funds(Bank statement) of 28 days to apply for CAS in coventry university london. MSc .Secondary, how do I apply for CAS...
Original post by annuncieta
Please, do I need to show proof of funds(Bank statement) of 28 days to apply for CAS in coventry university london. MSc .Secondary, how do I apply for CAS...

Hi @annuncieta,

Thank you for your message.

I believe so, yes. The international office (IO) will request this as evidence that you are able to financially support yourself during the academic year. CAS will be given to you once the IO confirms your place at Coventry University London, and your application is successful and complete.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
I already have an admission as I deferred one from last semester.

I have my deposit complete.
Do i need to show proof of fund before requesting CAS? Is proof of fund needed for CAS application.
Original post by Anonymous
I already have an admission as I deferred one from last semester.

I have my deposit complete.
Do i need to show proof of fund before requesting CAS? Is proof of fund needed for CAS application.

Most likely - yes. However, it's best to clarify this by contacting the international office as they are responsible for issuing out CAS. Please find the contact details below.

International Office
Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm (GMT)
+44 (0) 24 7615 2152

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Hi, I have applied for Jan intake 2023 for CAS on date Sep 2022 but not received any response yet . Is there any chance of getting CAS on last hour.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, I have applied for Jan intake 2023 for CAS on date Sep 2022 but not received any response yet . Is there any chance of getting CAS on last hour.
Original post by Samikshya Singh

Hi @Samikshya Singh

Sorry to hear about the situation with regards to your CAS

I would recommend you contact Coventry University for an update via the methods below:

Online - Enquiry form for international students: www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/apply-now/request-information/

Phone: +44 (0)2477 652 152

Email: [email protected]

Live chat - Chat with our recruitment and admissions team: www.coventry.ac.uk/livechat/

Office hours are 8:30am to 8pm GMT, Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm GMT Saturday and Sunday.
Hi, I have applied of the Coventry University January Intake and my Course is Starting on Jan 9th and I heard that we have time untilJan 30th to enrol for the Course but my CAS is still at Processing and it is stuck in 61% I have emailed to the university also regarding this matter and I have paid both the deposits to the University also.
Original post by Madushan D
Hi, I have applied of the Coventry University January Intake and my Course is Starting on Jan 9th and I heard that we have time untilJan 30th to enrol for the Course but my CAS is still at Processing and it is stuck in 61% I have emailed to the university also regarding this matter and I have paid both the deposits to the University also.

Hi

I hope you are doing well. I am really sorry to hear about your experience.

Once you have completed the required tasks the university has set out for you, it is up to the International Office at Coventry University to send off your CAS letter, so this process is out of your control. This can take up to a few days, and bear in mind that there may be a delay due to the pandemic. Please allow up to 5-10 days for your CAS to arrive. Should there be any concerns or your CAS has not arrived within that time frame, then please contact the International Office at Coventry University via [email protected] or +44 (0) 24 7615 2152 (call for an immediate response).

Best wishes,
Abdul
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending