University of Bristol - Politics and International Relations 2021

Watch
waitanddrinktea
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I wanted to create this thread so some of us can already meet before starting Uni in September! If you are planning to go to the University of Bristol in September 2021 to do Politics and International Relations or one of the two subjects on their own, feel free to post here and introduce yourself!
Bettyalice.03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I've just accepted my offer to study politics and international relations at Bristol in September. Very excited, just trying to work out what accommodation is best, there's so much to consider!
Bettyalice.03
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't reply to private messages yet because I am too new to this, I think I have to be a member for 3 days. Just thought I'd say on here because I felt bad for not replying! x
waitanddrinktea
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bettyalice.03)
I can't reply to private messages yet because I am too new to this, I think I have to be a member for 3 days. Just thought I'd say on here because I felt bad for not replying! x
Hi I've just accepted my offer to study politics and international relations at Bristol in September. Very excited, just trying to work out what accommodation is best, there's so much to consider!
Hey of course no problem, I'm so happy someone replied! Congrats on your offer btw, I'm really happy to finally stumble upon someone doing my course, that's been quite hard so far xx
what are you thinking for accommodation? I really like manor hall in clifton, but i'm having a hard time working out my other preferences
Bettyalice.03
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think manor hall is my favourite too! I wanted somewhere sociable but not too far away from campus, I don't know where else to choose either, I definitely want to be self catered but apart from that I'm not too fussy.
waitanddrinktea
Rep:
?
I think manor hall is my favourite too! I wanted somewhere sociable but not too far away from campus, I don't know where else to choose either, I definitely want to be self catered but apart from that I'm not too fussy.
oh how cool you're considering the same one! yeah I also definitely want to be self catered and preferably in west village also I think not applying for an ensuite would be smarter in my case because I feel like the cost of that is more than the benefit for me personally (also the manor hall bathrooms look quite nice and big for shared ones tbh) what are you thinking for your other preferences in the accommodation application?
Bettyalice.03
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I definitely agree with the no ensuite, I am very broke! 😂 what else is on the accomodation application, I haven't even checked yet!
afsk02
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi!! i firmed bristol for pol + ir, nice to meet all of you
TobiasYeo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yo, ive just firmed bristol for politics and IR aswell with a year abroad, looking at accom in stoke bishop (north village) mainly
waitanddrinktea
Rep:
?
I definitely agree with the no ensuite, I am very broke! 😂 what else is on the accomodation application, I haven't even checked yet!
well so you have to select 9 preferences, each consists of a residence and one of the room types in it - for example preference one - manor hall, standard with basin, preference two - manor hall, basic with basin etc. you could also choose 9 different residence or however you want
waitanddrinktea
Rep:
?
(Original post by afsk02)
hi!! i firmed bristol for pol + ir, nice to meet all of you
(Original post by TobiasYeo)
Yo, ive just firmed bristol for politics and IR aswell with a year abroad, looking at accom in stoke bishop (north village) mainly
hi, nice to meet you! just out of interest, has anyone here bought or is planning to buy tickets for one of these freshers events? not the ones the uni organises but the other ones. I don't really wanna buy any tickets to these beforehand because I imagine that probably not that many ppl are actually going and also because I'd like to wait what my flatmates etc are doing. But I'm also lowkey worried that i'll be the only one without tickets lol
afsk02
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by waitanddrinktea)
hi, nice to meet you! just out of interest, has anyone here bought or is planning to buy tickets for one of these freshers events? not the ones the uni organises but the other ones. I don't really wanna buy any tickets to these beforehand because I imagine that probably not that many ppl are actually going and also because I'd like to wait what my flatmates etc are doing. But I'm also lowkey worried that i'll be the only one without tickets lol
ive connected with quite a few incoming students and seems like no one around me bought the tickets LOL
TobiasYeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I believe that freshers tickets will still be sold sooner to the time, imma prob wait until I know who im living with before I buy any. However I did wanna buy some tickets to motion as they sell out real quick
waitanddrinktea
Rep:
?
(Original post by afsk02)
ive connected with quite a few incoming students and seems like no one around me bought the tickets LOL
oh haha, it's quite the opposite for me - I've also connected with some people and a lot of them seem to have bought tickets already
waitanddrinktea
Rep:
?
I believe that freshers tickets will still be sold sooner to the time, imma prob wait until I know who im living with before I buy any. However I did wanna buy some tickets to motion as they sell out real quick
yeah same, I think the SU organises a lot of events and I read those are typically really well attended

is motion a club in Bristol? I'm not familiar with the area
TobiasYeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah same, I think the SU organises a lot of events and I read those are typically really well attended

is motion a club in Bristol? I'm not familiar with the area
Yeah, its easily the best club in SW England and up there with top european nightclubs, you'll get familiar with it quickly, its next to temple meads station. They mainly do DnB but other stuff too

https://www.motion-bristol.com/home/
rosewater.laura
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hello, I'm Tilly (idk why my user is laura or rosewater aha), and I am!, so nice to hear others who are too! couldn't find any one else for a while aha x
Last edited by rosewater.laura; 4 weeks ago
rosewater.laura
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im looking at stoke bishop too hopefully, have you applied yet?
TobiasYeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rosewater.laura)
Im looking at stoke bishop too hopefully, have you applied yet?
Yeah ive put hiatt baker and badock as my top two and then durdham further down
rosewater.laura
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah ive put hiatt baker and badock as my top two and then durdham further down
yeah my top two r badock nd hiatt baker too ahahh self-catered
Last edited by rosewater.laura; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (46)
28.75%
No (114)
71.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed