How to get grade 9 in science and maths

Watch
sunnytaeq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Heya, right so at the moment i have a few days left till my final GCSE exam comes and have done no preparation whatsoever. I am having to relearn the content as i had missed a lot in the lockdown we had.

For maths there are over 30 topics to revise and the test in two days and i want to get at least a grade 8, i am a grade 4 student. Does anyone know how to get a good grade fast and efficiently. - I have done note taking for previous exams and past papers but I've always had a limited score of outcome.

I have a biology exam in three days and have done no preparation whatsoever either. (had terrible mental health and now I'm having a mental breakdown on how to get a good grade in such a short amount of time with three topics for biology alone that are very long.) I have printed plenty of past papers for me to do later on in the evening after making some tiny notes but i can guarantee that i will probably get a grade 5 or 6 from it. On my last foundation test igot 54 but, im attempting higher for my last final mini assessment. Is there any way to get a grade 8 or above 7 in a short spam time.
e1alop123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
for science make sure to make detailed short, concise notes on the topics that you are not so confident on and after practice exam questions to consolidate your learning. Mark the exam questions also to see what you got wrong so that you are able to have an adequate grasp and familiarity on the type of questions that could come up on your exams. This website for science is good : https://examqa.com/gcse/science/

for maths I'd recommond gcse maths tutor - he has all the topics in the form of playlists so the ones you are struggling on you could watch those videos since he goes through actual past paper exam questions which is good practice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSt...5tlwdpDXffobxA
HANGRY123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Eat your way through the pain.
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Biology is mostly retention of information. All you can do is read through the topics and make some short notes that are straight to the point.
Maths you'll want to go over and do as many practise questions as you possibly can.

Pretty much what e1alop123 said. BUT let this be a lesson, don't leave things that late. It might be achievable at GCSE level, but you're setting yourself up for failure for anything beyond. The people who get 9s will have been reviewing topics every other day.
dentt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sunnytaeq)
Heya, right so at the moment i have a few days left till my final GCSE exam comes and have done no preparation whatsoever. I am having to relearn the content as i had missed a lot in the lockdown we had.

For maths there are over 30 topics to revise and the test in two days and i want to get at least a grade 8, i am a grade 4 student. Does anyone know how to get a good grade fast and efficiently. - I have done note taking for previous exams and past papers but I've always had a limited score of outcome.

I have a biology exam in three days and have done no preparation whatsoever either. (had terrible mental health and now I'm having a mental breakdown on how to get a good grade in such a short amount of time with three topics for biology alone that are very long.) I have printed plenty of past papers for me to do later on in the evening after making some tiny notes but i can guarantee that i will probably get a grade 5 or 6 from it. On my last foundation test igot 54 but, im attempting higher for my last final mini assessment. Is there any way to get a grade 8 or above 7 in a short spam time.
for the maths test prep do questions on topics you struggle on. Do one topic at a time, so you understand the method for those particular questions (it's always the same method, just different numbers). For bio, do questions by topic as well, that way you can understand how to tackle those sorts of questions on those topics. You can do past papers if you want, but they may not be the most effective way to actually learn if there's too much different things going on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (40)
5.88%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
11.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
10.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (87)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.44%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (38)
5.59%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (73)
10.74%
Financial worries (43)
6.32%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (29)
4.26%
Exposure to negative news/social media (41)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (21)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (66)
9.71%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (54)
7.94%

Watched Threads