The Student Room Group

Do black women like white men?

Title says it really.

Any black women here and what do you think about being in a relationship with a white man?

Both romantic, and also sexual attraction wise?

Scroll to see replies

First of all, humanity is more than the religions, races, ethnics etc.
Second of all, the concept of black fancy white or white fancy black is smth that should not be considered anywhere.
The concept of races was made British Empire****, though there was racial discrimination earlier but not at a higher level.
Original post by Anonymous
Second of all, the concept of black fancy white or white fancy black is smth that should not be considered anywhere.
The concept of races was made British Empire****, though there was racial discrimination earlier but not at a higher level.

That sentence started out so well, but then just collapsed.

Bruh. Only the first sentence should be there.
False.

Title says it really.

Any black women here and what do you think about being in a relationship with a white man?

Both romantic, and also sexual attraction wise?

Some will and some won't.
(edited 3 years ago)
Black people, white people, men, women, and people in general do not form homogenous groups where people all act in the same way. People are not monolithic and it’s not useful - and often offensive - to try and make these kinds of broad generalisations about them. SOME black women would consider being in a relationship with SOME white men and that’s all you can really say.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Black people, white people, men, women, and people in general do not form homogenous groups where people all act in the same way. People are not monolithic and it’s not useful - and often offensive - to try and make these kinds of broad generalisations about them. SOME black women would consider being in a relationship with SOME white men and that’s all you can really say.

It's some will and some won't for all combinations of races.
Original post by sufys12
It's some will and some won't for all combinations of races.

Yeah, exactly.
Pretty much echo the first two sentences of post #2.

They're not a hive mind, it'll depend on the girl. There is nothing special about a black woman compared to any other woman, I don't think people would take kindly to separating them out though it's not through bad intention.
(edited 3 years ago)
Idc about race, if I like their personality then yes I would. What kind of question is this
Well I mean that it’s everybody’s choice whom they want as a life partner... this thread should be like how much do people of other ethnicities( black/Latina/white etc..) want to be with other ethnicities(black/Latina/white etc...)
But writing black and white make us think like there is a hatred between these two ethnic groups...
If he meets my criteria and is respectful, educated, and acknowledging of my identity as a black woman and the struggles that come with it, of course I would.

Also, why do you ask? Are you a white man?

Please don’t tell me you have a Black Woman fetish.
(edited 3 years ago)
Aren't we all so progressive here...

I don't care for "We are all humans, colour doesn't matter!" and "People have different tastes" I mean come on that is so obvious does it really need to be said? The vast majority of people are completely aware of this and agree with it.

What I care about is opinions from a few select people, particularly those who are indeed women, and are indeed also black.
Original post by DiamondDia
If he meets my criteria and is respectful, educated, and acknowledging of my identity as a black woman and the struggles that come with it, of course I would.

Also, why do you ask? Are you a white man?

Please don’t tell me you have a Black Woman fetish.

I legitimately just wonder the opinion of some black women and if in general black women do or don't like white men.

Everyone has their own preferences you know?

You rarely see indian men with asian women for example. There are certainly preferences amongst races.
I legitimately just wonder the opinion of some black women and if in general black women do or don't like white men.

You rarely see indian men with asian women for example. There are certainly preferences amongst races.

Indian men are Asian.
Indian men are Asian.

I just didn't specify which area because it should be obvious. Why did you decide to pick that out of what I said and not respond to the actual question?

Most races date within their race. I can tell from my own point of view most Black Women prefer to date Black Men. I wouldn’t mind being in an interracial relationship, however, I have fears of dating an ignorant man who is just fetishising me or using me to have mixed babies, also scared of them being racist, and also scared of their family not accepting me and also being racist too.
I just didn't specify which area because it should be obvious. Why did you decide to pick that out of what I said and not respond to the actual question?

Asia is a very big continent. You said your statement as if Indian men weren’t Asian themselves. You could’ve specified and said, East Asian women, because Indian men do indeed date Asian women, because their female counterparts are Asian and that’s who they primarily date.
Most races date within their race. I can tell from my own point of view most Black Women prefer to date Black Men. I wouldn’t mind being in an interracial relationship, however, I have fears of dating an ignorant man who is just fetishising me or using me to have mixed babies, also scared of them being racist, and also scared of their family not accepting me and also being racist too.

Thank you, that is exactly the kind of answer I am looking for, someone's opinion <3

I'd be really surprised if someone wanted to be in an interracial relationship for mixed babies.

I think it is a real shame that you would be scared of them being racists and scared of family not accepting you. I think these things are real and I really wonder what black womens opinions are of this so thanks for giving yours. I would be open to dating a black women and it is a shame that these obstacles might be there.
Thank you, that is exactly the kind of answer I am looking for, someone's opinion <3

I'd be really surprised if someone wanted to be in an interracial relationship for mixed babies.

I think it is a real shame that you would be scared of them being racists and scared of family not accepting you. I think these things are real and I really wonder what black womens opinions are of this so thanks for giving yours. I would be open to dating a black women and it is a shame that these obstacles might be there.

It’s really common amongst Black men and White women relationships where the White woman (not all obviously) will fetishise Black men for their “BBC”, which is a stereotype and caricature, and be in the relationship for the aesthetic of producing stereotypically light skinned curly-haired mixed babies. Many Black men allow this to happen as they themselves (not all obviously) fetishise and fantasise about being with a White woman. Most of the time it is an attempt to erase their blackness due to self-hatred, and will project that self-hate to Black women (especially darkskinned black women) due to their colourist mindsets.

And let me clarify AGAIN, this is NOT the case for EVERY BMWF relationship. And this is not a generalisation, it is an observation and example of the fetishisation that happens between races and it is just most common between White Women and Black Men.

If you want a generalised response then yes - some are hesitant due to it being frowned upon in the community; especially BGWB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending