The Student Room Group

12 Mark HW question

Does anyone know what I can write for my 12 mark homework question?
"Discuss how far sociologists agree that the extended family is still important?"

So far I have written that the extended family enables grandparents to transfer their culture onto the grandchildren
Points you could write:

It allows traditon to be kept.
Strong family bonds - more stability. Compared to a single parent household with no living grandparents.
Risk sharing - if someone is in trouble the extended family pitches in to help. (Ties in with stability.D
Mothers don’t have to bear as much as a load - extended family members help with care of newborns and picking up children.

There are some good articles online that can help with this, also this might not be specific to your specification as you didn’t mention it.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by historygeek101
Points you could write:

It allows traditon to be kept.
Strong family bonds - more stability. Compared to a single parent household with no living grandparents.
Risk sharing - if someone is in trouble the extended family pitches in to help. (Ties in with stability.D
Mothers don’t have to bear as much as a load - extended family members help with care of newborns and picking up children.

There are some good articles online that can help with this, also this might not be specific to your specification as you didn’t mention it.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much!!! My school uses the AQA spec :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending