The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Ranmoor accommodation - smoking/ vaping area

I’m in incoming postgrad student this 2021 and I vape (stopped smoking cigarettes a year ago). I can’t seem to find any resources specific to this aside from the policies the uni has about not being allowed to smoke/ vape inside university accommodations. Just want to ask if and where there’s an area to do this, within the university and nearby Ranmoor accommodations?

Thank you!
There's usually areas outside the accommodations on the ground level where you can smoke/vape. The university put the smoking areas in Ranmoor & Endcliffe right by the mailboxes and main door of the building. Unfortunately, it's also right next to the windows of those on the ground floor. I'm sure the students on the ground level and those entering the building would appreciate it if you step a little further away from the door when you do it though (unless it's raining).
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by FoodnBooks
There's usually areas outside the accommodations on the ground level where you can smoke/vape. The university put the smoking areas in Ranmoor & Endcliffe right by the mailboxes and main door of the building. Unfortunately, it's also right next to the windows of those on the ground floor. I'm sure the students on the ground level and those entering the building would appreciate it if you step a little further away from the door when you do it though (unless it's raining).

Thank you for this info! Yes, will definitely keep this in mind to respect those in the ground floor :smile: Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending