The Student Room Group

can i take my GCSES in November?

Hey guys!
So im currently being homeschooled but as the gcse exams have been cancelled for may/june 2021 I have to sit them in November. Is it possible for me to do Maths, Eng Lit& Lang, Phys, Chem, Bio and Business? I heard you can only do re sits but im not fully sure... Can someone please help
Thank you :smile:
Original post by maya042004
Hey guys!
So im currently being homeschooled but as the gcse exams have been cancelled for may/june 2021 I have to sit them in November. Is it possible for me to do Maths, Eng Lit& Lang, Phys, Chem, Bio and Business? I heard you can only do re sits but im not fully sure... Can someone please help
Thank you :smile:

You can,but I think it is only for English Language,English Literature and Maths.But why haven't you registered with a distance provider so that you can get a teacher assessed grade.Many homeschooled students are doing this or you could even contact a school and arrange for somebody to assess you and gather any evidence for you
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
in Autumn 2020 you could only take exams if you had been entered for Summer 2020 but this did include private candidates who were entered but then had to be withdrawn because there was no way of their being awarded a grade.

I don't think they've made it clear for Autumn 2021 quite yet but I can't see why they'd make it available to everyone. Why do you want o take exam in Autumn 2021 if aren't entered now?

Quick Reply

Latest