The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Student Finance for Nursing Degree - Previous Study

Hello Everyone,

I've just been given an unconditional offer to a Child Nursing Degree however how coming to the student finance stage I'm a little conserned on the wording and woundered if anyone else has had any experience in my position.

When I came out of college I did 2 full years of an Accountancy & Finance degree (however I didn't complete it due to unexpectly starting a family among other reasons). I later did a Foundation year 2012-13 (was to get onto a nursing course) so in total I've claimed 3 years of student finance looking at my account.

Now I'm due to start this September and about to apply for finance and it's my understanding "a previous degree" isn't taken into account however as mentioned above I didn't complete my Accounting & Finance so will this still be taken into account? I'm not worried about the foundation year been added as I understand it 3 + 1 it should still be fine it's more the 2 years I did back in 2004-2005 that bothers me!

Any information / experience would be really appriciated!

Thanks so much!

Donna
Original post by despley
Hello Everyone,

I've just been given an unconditional offer to a Child Nursing Degree however how coming to the student finance stage I'm a little conserned on the wording and woundered if anyone else has had any experience in my position.

When I came out of college I did 2 full years of an Accountancy & Finance degree (however I didn't complete it due to unexpectly starting a family among other reasons). I later did a Foundation year 2012-13 (was to get onto a nursing course) so in total I've claimed 3 years of student finance looking at my account.

Now I'm due to start this September and about to apply for finance and it's my understanding "a previous degree" isn't taken into account however as mentioned above I didn't complete my Accounting & Finance so will this still be taken into account? I'm not worried about the foundation year been added as I understand it 3 + 1 it should still be fine it's more the 2 years I did back in 2004-2005 that bothers me!

Any information / experience would be really appriciated!

Thanks so much!

Donna

Hello, you would still list your previous study. Once they come to check your application, it should be fine once they see the course your now doing. I would apply asap :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by despley
Hello Everyone,

Now I'm due to start this September and about to apply for finance and it's my understanding

Latest