SCIENCE gcse please help

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
gcsehelpx
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
pls help
gcsehelpx
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
The straight section of the line in figure 10 (above) can be used to calculate the useful power output of the kettle

explain how

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-25 11.30.27.png
Views: 271
Size:  138.2 KB
gcsehelpx
Rep:
pls help me ive been trying this for so long
gcsehelpx
Rep:
Spoiler:
Show
PLEASE
Spoiler:
Show
im desperate

gcsehelpx
Rep:
bump
gcsehelpx
Rep:
anyne?
cefox
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gcsehelpx)
anyne?
Have you been given any more info in the question?
gcsehelpx
Rep:
(Original post by cefox)
Have you been given any more info in the question?
It says above the graph:

An electric kettle was switched on. figure ten shows how the temperature of the water inside the kettle changed
Attached files
Slx.24
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Pretty sure you can find a ms pretty easy for this question. I remember doing the same question
cefox
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It says above the graph:

An electric kettle was switched on. figure ten shows how the temperature of the water inside the kettle changed
I would think about the equation you can use to calculate power.
This will involve energy change and time taken.

Then see if you can explain how you could work out each of these things and what you could read off the graph, so as to calculate the power.

The top of the photo was cut off but it doesn’t sound as if you have to actually calculate the power.
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cefox)
I would think about the equation you can use to calculate power.
This will involve energy change and time taken.

Then see if you can explain how you could work out each of these things and what you could read off the graph, so as to calculate the power.

The top of the photo was cut off but it doesn’t sound as if you have to actually calculate the power.
I'm pretty sure that it was a common sense question instead of an actual calculating one.. I think it was a 2018 paper I'm looking through it now
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It says above the graph:

What question number is it?
gcsehelpx
Rep:
(Original post by Slx.24)
What question number is it?
its a mix of questions so idk
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
its a mix of questions so idk
Doesn't it still say the question number tho..
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Nvm found it. Answer is that the kettle takes time to heat up. Gl on the rest of ur questions
gcsehelpx
Rep:
(Original post by Slx.24)
Here's some more answers if you need help on the rest of the question
OMG THANK U sm xxx

what paper is it? pls
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
OMG THANK U sm xxx

what paper is it? pls
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jamss_45)
Do you have the mark schemes for AQA 2020 Triple Chemistry, Biology and Physics?
Hm not all of them I think.
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by studywithjoe11)
Please please please send the mark schemes that you have!!
I meannnn usually ppl gotta pay for them, I only got mine bcs my friend had them and he didn't send all of them to me lol
mandeep777
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
can i have one pls
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (44)
15.17%
The paper was reasonable (149)
51.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (69)
23.79%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
9.66%

Watched Threads