Urgent gcse higher maths help!!

Watch this thread
srich990
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last edited by srich990; 1 year ago
Glockity
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
3/8 are black, 5/8 are white
2/9 are circle, 7/9 are triangle

so I think, 3/8 / 7/9 = 27/56?
gcsehelpx
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
this is a locked 2020 paper question....
kasig195
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gcsehelpx)
this is a locked 2020 paper question....
You know where to get it? Wanna share and help a guy out pls ;0)
kasig195
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by srich990)
Please can someone help me with this question?

There are four types of cards in a game.
Each card has a black circle or a white circle or a black triangle or a white triangle.

Number of cards with a black shape:number of cards with a white shape = 3:5

Number of cards with a circle:number of cards with a triangle = 2:7

Express the total number of cards with a black shape as a fraction of the total number of cards with a triangle.

Any help would be appreciated and if you show your working out as well! Thanks so much!😪x
so basically to find the total number of cars you would have to make the two ratios equal to the same total, as both ratios need to added up to th e same total.
3:5=8(add)
2:7=9(add)

3x9:5x9=72
27:45
2x8:7x8=72
16:56

so the fraction should be

27/56

Hope this helped
Glockity
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kasig195)
so basically to find the total number of cars you would have to make the two ratios equal to the same total, as both ratios need to added up to th e same total.
3:5=8(add)
2:7=9(add)

3x9:5x9=72
27:45
2x8:7x8=72
16:56

so the fraction should be

27/56

Hope this helped
tbf you dont even need a common total, since your working with fractions rather than LCM if that makes sense
dinosaurz
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by srich990)
Please can someone help me with this question?

There are four types of cards in a game.
Each card has a black circle or a white circle or a black triangle or a white triangle.

Number of cards with a black shape:number of cards with a white shape = 3:5

Number of cards with a circle:number of cards with a triangle = 2:7

Express the total number of cards with a black shape as a fraction of the total number of cards with a triangle.

Any help would be appreciated and if you show your working out as well! Thanks so much!😪x
omd please can u send me the paper this is from
zoe2404
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ahh I just did this question in my Maths 2021 Exam - it was so hard!! I got 27/56 - anyone else?
dinosaurz
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zoe2404)
Ahh I just did this question in my Maths 2021 Exam - it was so hard!! I got 27/56 - anyone else?
do u remember any other questions u got
username5710157
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zoe2404)
Did the same paper a few weeks back - same answer! How did you find the rest of the paper?
mmm. donuts.
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
guys I got 27/56 did it today
for the sector question in it did you get x = 1/3?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (3)
37.5%
As I expected (2)
25%
Harder (2)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads