The Student Room Group

Dropping an A-level part way through a year

Im currently doing 4 A-levels (2 are technically B-tecs) and I'm not sure whether to drop the 4th and get a B-tec national certificate or keep doing it for the extended certificate. I'm just wondering if I have to make this decision by next (school) year or if I can start next year and then make my decision depending on how I feel about the year 13 work load. Thanks for any feedback :smile:

Subjects:
-A-level Maths
-A-level Product design
-B-tec Engineering
-B-tec Applied science
(edited 2 years ago)
Honestly I'm not the best person to answer this but there's no replies here, so I'll try to give some advice :smile:

I think this is something worth discussing with your school about as they'll probably have the answer. I don't know if this varies by the school, hence I think it's best to ask. Your teachers might also be helpful with explaining the course workload in Year 13, so then you have an idea beforehand about whether or not you want to continue with a subject :^_^:
Personally I think making the decision at the end of year 12 would be better. That way you’ll know where you stand going into year 13. If you’re not coping with the workload atm maybe consider dropping one but if it’s manageable and you think a little extra won’t be a big deal, keep the 4.

Quick Reply

Latest