Hallieallie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For the Exchange of Substances, Energy Transfers, responses of organisms paper, does anyone have answers for question 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 at the end of the paper? Would appreciate the help if anyone knows what to do
Florindag
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this the International Edexcel Biology exam?
Hallieallie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Florindag)
It’s AQA, I’ve seen pretty much nobody post about the AQA biology exams
Florindag
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hallieallie)
Ah, ok, thanks. Sorry I can't help
Hallieallie
Rep:
?

Ah, ok, thanks. Sorry I can't help
That’s okay, thank you anyways
sheeshhelp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

That’s okay, thank you anyways
Hey hallie,
Have u done the biological molecules and cells exam paper - If yes, do u know the answers for questions 01.1 - 01.5. I'm stuck because I don't have the figures
Hallieallie
Rep:
?
(Original post by sheeshhelp)
Hey hallie,
Have u done the biological molecules and cells exam paper - If yes, do u know the answers for questions 01.1 - 01.5. I'm stuck because I don't have the figures
Yes I have, for 01.1 the carrier protein x is just located in the cell membrane of the cell lining the ileum, and at carrier protein x active transport will happen so obviously that needs energy so the atp hydrolase will break down atp into adp + pi and energy will be released so active transport can happen.
Hallieallie
Rep:
?
Hey hallie,
Then for 01.2, the Na moves out of the cell using a sodium-potassium pump which leaves a lower concentration of Na in the cell lining the ileum compared to outside the cell. This means Na will move down its concentration gradient and go back into the cell using a co-transporter, and it will take glucose with it when it does this as the glucose must move from an area of low concentration to high concentration (against its concentration gradient).
Hallieallie
Rep:
?
Yes I have, for 01.1 the carrier protein x is just located in the cell membrane of the cell lining the ileum, and at carrier protein x active transport will happen so obviously that needs energy so the atp hydrolase will break down atp into adp + pi and energy will be released so active transport can happen.
Hey hallie,
Then for 01.3 it’s just the cell will have microvilli to increase membrane surface area for increased rate of absorption, they will also mitochondria to supply energy for things such as active transport
Hallieallie
Rep:
?
01.4 you just need to draw phospholipids in a phospholipid bilayer and the figure is just the protein it mentions in a the question and then you need to draw a phospholipid bilayer around it, on the graph it labels hydrophobic and hydrophilic regions on the protein so you just need to draw the phospholipids in the right area so like with the phosphate in the hydrophilic regions and the fatty acid tails in the hydrophobic regions. Hope that makes sense
Hallieallie
Rep:
?
Hey hallie,
Then 01.5 i just put a condensation reaction joins 3 or more amino acid together by joining the carboxyl group of one amino acid to the amine group of another, forming peptide bonds between each amino acid as this leaves COOH at one end and NH2 at the other. Hope this helps
Sonnysingh22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
01.4 you just need to draw phospholipids in a phospholipid bilayer and the figure is just the protein it mentions in a the question and then you need to draw a phospholipid bilayer around it, on the graph it labels hydrophobic and hydrophilic regions on the protein so you just need to draw the phospholipids in the right area so like with the phosphate in the hydrophilic regions and the fatty acid tails in the hydrophobic regions. Hope that makes sense
Can you show how to draw it because I’m really confused, if you can id appreciate it so much
Tawo-11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you written the IAS exam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.84%
No (181)
70.16%

Watched Threads