The Student Room Group

Mental health & nursing placement

I have been advised by mental health team to take another week from placement although I have just had a week off due to my mental health not being at its best right now. I didn't tell placement this was the reason though when I first rang in. I thought things would be okay now and I could have gone back, but unfortunately atm I am not quite there. The mental health team has said if I was in uni for classes I'd have been able to take it day by day but as it's placement on a hospital ward they're not happy for me to go back this week.

Can I be kicked off the course for having so much sickness already (first year), who should I speak to within university to get some support there for when mental health team think I am well enough to go back, and also how on earth can I catch up on the hours I miss? I am scared I will fail this placement because of this time off, although I have already been there for a couple weeks and was doing well?

I am a nursing student so I am aware I need to be mentally well myself to be able to look after others safely
Reply 1
..anyone? Please
Maybe you should post this on the Nursing forum.

Your Uni should have a student support/well-being team.

Usually students are briefed at the start of their course about attendance rules and who to speak to in the Faculty about welfare/pastoral/attendance issues.Were you given this at enrolment/induction?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe you should post this on the Nursing forum.

Your Uni should have a student support/well-being team.

Usually students are briefed at the start of their course about attendance rules and who to speak to in the Faculty about welfare/pastoral/attendance issues.Were you given this at enrolment/induction?

I honestly can't remember if we were, I started last September and this has only just become an issue. Not needed time off until now. I will try speak to someone at the university tomorrow. Either the well-being team or disability support

Quick Reply

Latest