newguy10
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi everyone, I will be starting uni at SHU in September hopefully, and right now I am looking at different options for accommodation in halls of residence at SHU. I really can not decide on where I should live for my first year however, Central Quay (which is the most affordable and cheapest option) but then another one called 'Beton House' looks really nice but yet expensive and a really long walking distance to Collegiate Campus where I will be based (roughly 30-40 mins away) I really have no idea.

It would be great if anyone is/has considered any other halls at SHU, get to know each other before would be fantastic!

Thanks
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by newguy10)
Hi everyone, I will be starting uni at SHU in September hopefully, and right now I am looking at different options for accommodation in halls of residence at SHU. I really can not decide on where I should live for my first year however, Central Quay (which is the most affordable and cheapest option) but then another one called 'Beton House' looks really nice but yet expensive and a really long walking distance to Collegiate Campus where I will be based (roughly 30-40 mins away) I really have no idea.

It would be great if anyone is/has considered any other halls at SHU, get to know each other before would be fantastic!

Thanks
Hi newguy10,

Both Central quay and Beton house take roughly 40 minutes to get to Collegiate Campus on foot. The closest accommodation to Collegiate Campus is LIV student which is just at the bottom of Eccelsall Road, so is a shorter walk to campus, but it is more expensive then Central Quay.

It all depends on what your number 1 factor for picking accommodation is - some people opt for the cheaper place and don't mind the walk, others don't mind spending a little more for reducing the amount of time getting to campus.

What degree will you be studying?

Thanks,
Stacey
Official Sheffield Hallam Rep
newguy10
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi newguy10,

Both Central quay and Beton house take roughly 40 minutes to get to Collegiate Campus on foot. The closest accommodation to Collegiate Campus is LIV student which is just at the bottom of Eccelsall Road, so is a shorter walk to campus, but it is more expensive then Central Quay.

It all depends on what your number 1 factor for picking accommodation is - some people opt for the cheaper place and don't mind the walk, others don't mind spending a little more for reducing the amount of time getting to campus.

What degree will you be studying?

Thanks,
Stacey
Official Sheffield Hallam Rep
Thanks for your reply, I have gone now for The Forge as heard good things about it, however I’m still undecided lol.

I’ll hopefully be studying Diagnostic Radiography
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads