The Student Room Group

Coventry uni

Is Coventry uni a good place to study?
The friends I have who go there seem to enjoy it, although I've been getting limitless complaints from the Criminology people about using Adobe Spark for something and also loads of complaints about questionable teaching practices in the Biology dept, especially against the style of remote teaching. Overall though they seem happy with it.
Reply 2
Original post by Callicious
The friends I have who go there seem to enjoy it, although I've been getting limitless complaints from the Criminology people about using Adobe Spark for something and also loads of complaints about questionable teaching practices in the Biology dept, especially against the style of remote teaching. Overall though they seem happy with it.

Thank you, I’m really struggling with which uni to go to, this was helpful!
Original post by Chloeh9
Is Coventry uni a good place to study?

Hi @Chloeh9

As a current student, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and have gained more than just my degree. Is there anything specific you would like to know about within the university which I can give more specific details on? :smile:
Also, if you would like to speak to current students about their experience at Coventry, you can contact them through UniBuddy listed here on our website. You can choose any student within the faculty of your interest or someone who studies the course you are interested in!

I hope this helps, and if you'd like more information or support, do let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Reply 4
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi @Chloeh9

As a current student, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and have gained more than just my degree. Is there anything specific you would like to know about within the university which I can give more specific details on? :smile:
Also, if you would like to speak to current students about their experience at Coventry, you can contact them through UniBuddy listed here on our website. You can choose any student within the faculty of your interest or someone who studies the course you are interested in!

I hope this helps, and if you'd like more information or support, do let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Amy

I have applied for adult nursing but been given a space in January but a space in September somewhere else so I’m trying to decide what uni to choose
Original post by Chloeh9
I have applied for adult nursing but been given a space in January but a space in September somewhere else so I’m trying to decide what uni to choose

Hi @Chloeh9

Congratulations on your offer! It can be tricky to decide, especially if you're looking forward to getting started. I think it will come down to how much you are interested in studying at either University and what they have to offer. Speaking for Coventry University, the facilities that we have here for Nursing are amazing. Have you had a look at our nursing wards on the virtual tour on our website? The way our mock wards are set up, allows you to learn first hand within an almost identical environment to a real hospital ward which makes going out on placement and working after graduation much easier. You also can work in there alone with a 'patient' whilst your lecturers watch and assess from the camera room so you can gain even more valuable practical skills rather than just theory in lecture halls. We also have 2 in-built houses in the Health and Life Sciences building which can be set up to practice super realistic home visits too! The nursing teaching team at the university who I have had the pleasure to work with as a student ambassador are all lovely and can imagine they are very good lecturers also.
I can't speak for your other university choices, but seeing what the nursing course is like and learning how you study on our course makes me want a nursing degree also! You might have to weigh up whether it will be worth waiting a few extra months and start here in January, than starting somewhere else in September. You could gain some work experience between September-December in preparation to starting here in January?

I hope this helps in your decision! Do take a look at the nursing wards and other facilities we have in our Alison Gingell (Health and Life Sciences building) on the virtual tour on our website (linked above) and you can see where you will be studying. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Amy
Reply 6
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi @Chloeh9

Congratulations on your offer! It can be tricky to decide, especially if you're looking forward to getting started. I think it will come down to how much you are interested in studying at either University and what they have to offer. Speaking for Coventry University, the facilities that we have here for Nursing are amazing. Have you had a look at our nursing wards on the virtual tour on our website? The way our mock wards are set up, allows you to learn first hand within an almost identical environment to a real hospital ward which makes going out on placement and working after graduation much easier. You also can work in there alone with a 'patient' whilst your lecturers watch and assess from the camera room so you can gain even more valuable practical skills rather than just theory in lecture halls. We also have 2 in-built houses in the Health and Life Sciences building which can be set up to practice super realistic home visits too! The nursing teaching team at the university who I have had the pleasure to work with as a student ambassador are all lovely and can imagine they are very good lecturers also.
I can't speak for your other university choices, but seeing what the nursing course is like and learning how you study on our course makes me want a nursing degree also! You might have to weigh up whether it will be worth waiting a few extra months and start here in January, than starting somewhere else in September. You could gain some work experience between September-December in preparation to starting here in January?

I hope this helps in your decision! Do take a look at the nursing wards and other facilities we have in our Alison Gingell (Health and Life Sciences building) on the virtual tour on our website (linked above) and you can see where you will be studying. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Amy

Thank you, I was hoping to go to cov uni as it is closer to home but I’m worried about work as I am currently moving away from my parents to stay at school and study here so I would need to work to be able to pay room rent whilst waiting to go to uni and for my car. However I cannot seem to find a job so waiting the extra months is a worry on how ill pay for myself in the meantime.
Original post by Chloeh9
Thank you, I was hoping to go to cov uni as it is closer to home but I’m worried about work as I am currently moving away from my parents to stay at school and study here so I would need to work to be able to pay room rent whilst waiting to go to uni and for my car. However I cannot seem to find a job so waiting the extra months is a worry on how ill pay for myself in the meantime.

Hi @Chloeh9

That's completely understandable, I know how difficult it can be to manage the extra time and finances. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find some work soon as it would be great to have you join us here at Coventry University. If you need any further help or support, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Stay safe,

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending