anon1830483
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I regret doing level 2 health and social care as I am asian and I feel really dumb doing it as I am in year 11 and I feel like its really easy doing btecs at gcses ......I feel like i want to change it but its too late as I am leaving school...I though btecs were not good at all as I am a pakistani and feel like my parents would not like me doing btecs at gcses as its not that valuable like a gcse anyway....

I feel useless doing this health and social care subject as the grading is pass , merit and distincition and when i get my gcses results my parents will see like my grace for this subject and I don't want them to feel I am dumb and stupid in studying this....I feel like pakistanis dislike others doing btecs as its not good and may not be a good alternative to a perfect asian people ngl

guys it is true that btecs at gcses are not good as is an gcse?is it valuable ? and what could i do on gcse results day to prove my parents I am not dumb help......
anon1830483
Rep:
?
anyoune??
username4218074
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
GCSEs open way more doors than level 2 Btecs do to my knowledge, all top university courses to my knowledge require certain GCSE requirements too. Don't see what your ethnicity has to do with anything. GCSEs are way more valuable than Level 2 Btecs but there are still some options open to you I guess. Your ethnicity has nothing to do with anything.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How many GCSEs are you doing along side the BTEC?
anon1830483
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
How many GCSEs are you doing along side the BTEC?
6 GCSES and 2 are btec subjects ......is that ok and will universitys like it or no as I do not know?

(Original post by Levi.-)
GCSEs open way more doors than level 2 Btecs do to my knowledge, all top university courses to my knowledge require certain GCSE requirements too. Don't see what your ethnicity has to do with anything. GCSEs are way more valuable than Level 2 Btecs but there are still some options open to you I guess. Your ethnicity has nothing to do with anything.
Ohhh ok mhmm yh trueee ohh ok nd thanks for telling me ....my ethnicity just is strict when it comes to education ngl oops
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by anon1830483)
6 GCSES and 2 are btec subjects ......is that ok and will universitys like it or no as I do not know?
For the vast majority of courses at the vast majority of universities 6 GCSEs would be sufficient.
Hrburman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
as long as you enjoy what you study and take what you want next year. if you didn't enjoy it, then you don't have to carry on with it which is a win, but if you did, you've gained valuable experience and have a foundation to continue with. don't feel like your race defines you or that you have to live up to stereotypes either, you define who you are. there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing btechs, and don't regret taking them because you chose what you thought was right in the moment. you don't need to prove yourself to your parents. if you are happy with what you achieved that's enough - it's about you, not them, and the biggest thing you could do to make them proud would be to make choices for yourself for what you want to study and be happy with yourself. working hard is important, but being happy is more important. : ))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.26%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.26%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
44.44%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
24.07%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.85%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed