The Student Room Group

Texting after first date

Met a guy after weeks of texting online. We just had drinks in the park, and it only lasted about 1.5hrs. At the end we didn't say how we feel/say if we'd see each other again (I find the ending always awkward). Its been 2 days now and neither of us have texted. I'm not sure how I feel about him but would be happy to meet again to make a better decision. I dont want to ghost/ be ghosted after we've been texting daily for weeks!

What could I say in my text? Could I just ask how he feels/ apologise if I acted shy/ awkward. If he says he doesn't like me I dont mind, I just want some closure as I'm a really bad over thinker
You can ask how he's doing, that you enjoyed the date and thought it would be nice to meet again? He'll probably respond in affirmation or not. But good luck
Don't apologise or show that you've been worrying

I would just start a casual convo asking how things are, personally i would ask how they are etc before i bring up the date again and ask if they'd like to do something again. That way no pressure
He could just be playing games or assuming you don't want to see him.

'So I enjoyed our date, do you want to meet for drinks next week?'/whatever

No answer, no interest obvs.
Reply 4
Thanks guys, just messaged him.. lets see what he says. Think he will say he doesn't want to see me again, but at least its closure, though now I look desperate ugh. I guess if I am questioning myself on how I felt about him that probably isn't the best sign . But I wouldn't mind just seeing him as a friend to go on walks with haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending