Shakirah.ali
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically I have received an offer from KCL to do International development.They decided to put me on that course themselves as i originally applied for economics but they rejected me for that.
The grades I need is AAA, do you think they would accept me if I got AAB ? My predicted grades were A*AB but AAB is looking more likely now.
I got 9 9 9 8 8 8 8 7 6 6 in my GCSE's
Last edited by Shakirah.ali; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Simple answer - no-one knows.
It will depend on how many people get the grades for their offers on that course and how many spaces are left to be filled by 'near miss' applicants. However, since they made you an 'alternative offer' for this course, it suggests it is harder to fill than Economics and therefore that there may be spaces for those with AAB, but of course there is no guarantee. Its fine to risk this as yes, you might still be accepted, but just make sure your Insurance is 'safer'.
jo444hg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can you do a course for a year at kingfs and then transfer to another course within the university?
AmiraTamurt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jo444hg)
can you do a course for a year at kingfs and then transfer to another course within the university?
It’s not unheard of, you will have to do really well in key economic modules and choose your optionals (if available) very carefully to be more suited towards an economic degree. My advice for you would be to try and do well, get into the international development course and build a good record with your tutor straight away. After a while, you can discuss that with them. However, you have no guarantee, do you have an offer for economics from any other university?
jo444hg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmiraTamurt)
It’s not unheard of, you will have to do really well in key economic modules and choose your optionals (if available) very carefully to be more suited towards an economic degree. My advice for you would be to try and do well, get into the international development course and build a good record with your tutor straight away. After a while, you can discuss that with them. However, you have no guarantee, do you have an offer for economics from any other university?
hey sorry for the misunderstanding, i have a history offer and was considering transferring to law
Shakirah.ali
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AmiraTamurt)
Yes I have an offer from Manchester fro economics but I really want to do International development at Kings so I'm just trying my hardest to get the grades, Thank you for your advice !
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jo444hg)
hey sorry for the misunderstanding, i have a history offer and was considering transferring to law
If you want to do Law, withdraw your application and apply for Law next year.
You cannot switch from year 1 of History to year 2 of Law - you would have to restart your degree at Year 1 of Law, and doing that is a total waste of time/money.
yousufishaq2004
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I want to study PPE at King’s College London, The universities standard entry requirements are A*AA with a 7 in GCSE maths.

I hold a 7 in GCSE maths. What I wanted to ask you was If I was to be predicted AAB and if I was to apply to KCL with that, although this does not match there minimum entry requirement, I am eligible for a contextual offer of up to 2 grades because of; the school I attend; the postcode; my household income; and being the first generation to go to university. Along with that, I recently found out that I had been accepted to attending the King’s College London’s Summer School for Law, because of that by attending a widening participation programme of King’s increases my chances of receiving a contextual offer.

What I wanted to ask you was, do I have to be predicted A*AA, AND then would I receive a contextual offer once the university receives my application OR could I apply with AAB (which is already 2 grades taken off the standard requirement) and possibly receive an offer?
KrissKross
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yousufishaq2004)
I want to study PPE at King’s College London, The universities standard entry requirements are A*AA with a 7 in GCSE maths.

I hold a 7 in GCSE maths. What I wanted to ask you was If I was to be predicted AAB and if I was to apply to KCL with that, although this does not match there minimum entry requirement, I am eligible for a contextual offer of up to 2 grades because of; the school I attend; the postcode; my household income; and being the first generation to go to university. Along with that, I recently found out that I had been accepted to attending the King’s College London’s Summer School for Law, because of that by attending a widening participation programme of King’s increases my chances of receiving a contextual offer.

What I wanted to ask you was, do I have to be predicted A*AA, AND then would I receive a contextual offer once the university receives my application OR could I apply with AAB (which is already 2 grades taken off the standard requirement) and possibly receive an offer?
If you're contextual, you're contextual. You can apply with the grades that you have such as AAB and Kings is one of the lenient unis are allows people in if they just narrowly miss the grade
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (74)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise