The Student Room Group

Best Friend or Fresh Start?

Hi. So I am coming to the end of year 11, and in a couple months time I’m going to have to pick which sixth form I want to end up going to.
Initially, I thought that I just wanted to leave my current school and have a fresh start where I can meet brand new people and have whole new experiences.
But now I’m a bit unsure, as I’ve realised that I’ve only got three weeks left with my best friend at school, and the thought of not having her there with me to chat, gossip and laugh with at lunch and in classes kinda makes me sad.
One thing is that we’ve picked all different A Levels so we won’t have classes together, and our timetabling could not match and then we might only be able to see each other at lunch.

But still, I’m torn on whether I should stay at my current school with my best friend so we can experience A Levels together, or go to a new school and have a whole new experience on my own.
Any advice? :smile:

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!)
Reply 1
ohhh this is a tuff one. When I left year 11, my school did not have a sixth form, therefore all my friends and I had no option to remain in the same school and had to leave and we all went our separate ways: some went to college, some sixth, some got apprenticeships. However, it is easy to remain in contact through social media.
When I started my college I did not know anyone and met new people ( I advise getting to know the people you sit close in lessons and being willing to break the ice and introduce yourself) . You have to be open and willing to talk to people in order to make friends at the new college, but everyone is in the same boat.
If your happy with your current school and know people in your classes it when I would recommend to stay, however if your up for something new and different experience go for a fresh start. It has to be your decision and the one you are happy with :smile:

If you have any questions, just ask or send me a message :smile:
Original post by Tello
ohhh this is a tuff one. When I left year 11, my school did not have a sixth form, therefore all my friends and I had no option to remain in the same school and had to leave and we all went our separate ways: some went to college, some sixth, some got apprenticeships. However, it is easy to remain in contact through social media.
When I started my college I did not know anyone and met new people ( I advise getting to know the people you sit close in lessons and being willing to break the ice and introduce yourself) . You have to be open and willing to talk to people in order to make friends at the new college, but everyone is in the same boat.
If your happy with your current school and know people in your classes it when I would recommend to stay, however if your up for something new and different experience go for a fresh start. It has to be your decision and the one you are happy with :smile:

If you have any questions, just ask or send me a message :smile:

Thanks so much for the advice, means a lot! I keep going back and forth with my decision. Today I found out taster day/ week dates so I guess I’ll just go to those and see which school I feel the most happy at! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending