The Student Room Group

Access to science

Anyone doing this through epearl/distanced colleges?
i need halpppp
Reply 2
have you had any luck?
no but got through it

Original post by Bogger
have you had any luck?
Reply 4
Let me know if you struggle
Original post by Bogger
Let me know if you struggle

yes please, did you do a science access course?
Reply 6
Health and social science. But I'm furious with the study material provided by epearl. The whole course has been a nightmare.
oh god tell me about it, what unit are you on now? so glad to nearly be done with this
I'm currently doing access to science on epearl
My latest unit had an assessor I haven't had before and she marked me down for putting images in the appendix instead of the main body of the report. It was an academic report and so I thought you were meant to put images in the appendix. I've never had an issue with doing that before
Original post by hannah200211
My latest unit had an assessor I haven't had before and she marked me down for putting images in the appendix instead of the main body of the report. It was an academic report and so I thought you were meant to put images in the appendix. I've never had an issue with doing that before

what unit was that for? go appeal because it will get moderated externally. But yeah every tutor says something different which is annoying and they dont even know their own policies on appeals :/ like one tutor will not comment if something is wrong with the structure and the next tutor will mark you down for it. Im really not happy with how they grade it and how every tutor marks differently.
It was unit 12 and I've just checked and have another new assessor for my next unit. I looked through my feedback and was also marked down for not using references equally throughout the report and been recommended to use a reference for every paragraph. It's so annoying because prior to this unit I've had the same assessor for all past units and haven't had an issue. Im not sure about appealing as that could be quite stressful.
Original post by hannah200211
It was unit 12 and I've just checked and have another new assessor for my next unit. I looked through my feedback and was also marked down for not using references equally throughout the report and been recommended to use a reference for every paragraph. It's so annoying because prior to this unit I've had the same assessor for all past units and haven't had an issue. Im not sure about appealing as that could be quite stressful.

its not stressful you dont really have to do anything other than say i wanna appeal. also ur lucky to have the same, ive had a different every time....
Reply 13
Are either of you doing the Health and social science diploma?
Original post by Bogger
Are either of you doing the Health and social science diploma?

no but i know some units are similar, do you have any chemistry or biology units?
Reply 15
Original post by nutellaforlife
no but i know some units are similar, do you have any chemistry or biology units?

No its all psychology and sociology

Quick Reply

Latest