Been prescribed propranolol for essential tremor but my normal heart rate is low

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i used to be on propranolol for essential tremor when i was around 19 and it worked a treat, im 23 now and since then i have taken up running and my normal heart rate is actually around 50 now. I took my first tablet yesterday morning (80mg) for the tremor but it got to around bedtime and i started feeling quite dizzy, i even measured my pulse and it was around 40 at times. I have read online that its normal to feel dizzy after the first few days of taking this but i just thought my heart rate must have been getting to pretty dangerous levels. And i also know that it works to lower your blood pressure and heart rate but i am just a bit unsure now whether to try it again and see if i adapt? I remember back when i was 19 it really worked but now with my low heart rate should i be ringing back the gp, mentioning this and looking for alternative ways to deal with the tremor? Thanks
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are concerned ring your GP. Something that may have worked in the past no longer works, and no one on here can see you to examine you, or talk to you properly, plus a GP will most like relive your concerns properly because at least you know they are a medical professional not some faceless Internet person who just claims they are
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Might be worth questioning your GP to make sure theyre fully aware of your situation and they fully considered the risks. Propanolol being potentially rather dangerous (put me in the ICU for 2 weeks which wasnt all that fun)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.96%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.46%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.12%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.84%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.02%

Watched Threads