HanaL101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I graduated last summer and haven't been able to find a job. I got a call from my university and few days ago about the kickstart programme. I understand it helps 16-24 year olds with finding a job, but what does the scheme actually entail? Is there anyone else who's been involved in this scheme?
k1tsun3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The kickstarter scheme was created to help 16-24 year olds gain work experience of a least 6 months to help fight long-term unemployment. The company makes at least a 6 month commitment and the government funds the position. During your paid placement, they should be helping to prepare you for finding a full-time position. For the gov uk website, they should provide the following as part of the placement:
  • support to look for long-term work
  • support with CV and interview preparation
  • training to develop their skills, such as team work, organisation and communications as part of the role

You can find more info on gov uk. The info is aimed at employers but will give you an idea of what to expect.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...onal-materials
Last edited by k1tsun3; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (36)
29.51%
No (86)
70.49%

Watched Threads