dilutesquash
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I'm posting just check that I understand the process properly. I am a third year medical student who will be intercalating for a master's programme in 2021/22.

Year 1 2018/19- SFE tuition + maintenance loan (undergraduate)
Year 2 2019/20- SFE tuition + maintenance loan (undergraduate)
Year 3 2020/21- SFE tuition + maintenance loan (undergraduate)

Year 4 2021/22 (i.e. my MSc)- apply for SFE Postgraduate Master’s Loan

Year 5 2022/23 (back to medical school) - apply for NHS bursary + SFE (undergraduate) maintenance
Year 6 2023/24- apply for NHS bursary + SFE (undergraduate) maintenance

Have I got it right?

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dilutesquash)
Hi, I'm posting just check that I understand the process properly. I am a third year medical student who will be intercalating for a master's programme in 2021/22.

Year 1 2018/19- SFE tuition + maintenance loan (undergraduate)
Year 2 2019/20- SFE tuition + maintenance loan (undergraduate)
Year 3 2020/21- SFE tuition + maintenance loan (undergraduate)

Year 4 2021/22 (i.e. my MSc)- apply for SFE Postgraduate Master’s Loan

Year 5 2022/23 (back to medical school) - apply for NHS bursary + SFE (undergraduate) maintenance
Year 6 2023/24- apply for NHS bursary + SFE (undergraduate) maintenance

Have I got it right?

Thank you
Hi, yes that looks correct. You will only be entitled to the Reduced Rate of Maintenance Loan in the 5th and 6th years.

Our guidance states:

Students can receive the usual package of support available to undergraduates in their first 4 years of study (Maintenance, Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Support such as Means Testing ML, Special Support, Maintenance Grant and DSA if applicable) subject to previous study and ELQ rules.

Students who hold an ELQ(Equivalent Level Qualification) will be eligible for a Maintenance Loan only for the first 4 years of their course.

In the 5th and subsequent years of study they are entitled to an income assessed NHS Bursary and therefore, the reduced rate of maintenance loan only from SFE.

If a student has intercalated during their course (Attended a different course for a year to receive further qualifications) then that year contributes to the students 4 years of study.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads