The Student Room Group

Relationship with food?

Do you have a healthy or unhealthy relationship with food and why and give examples if you can?

This question intrigues me because everyone’s answers can differ so much!
No. Mostly apple juice I’m addicted to though.
deffo unhealthy bc i feel like i eat way more junk when i am feeling sad. If i’m having a bad day or i’m bored i constantly look for food to feel better
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainDuckie
No. Mostly apple juice I’m addicted to though.

So what is a typical day like for in terms of meals etc?
Original post by amanikaurr
So what is a typical day like for in terms of meals etc?

Nothing really, just eat dinner and that’s about it.
Reply 5
Pretty bad.

Some days I would go over my daily calorie intake but other days I would forget to eat entirely. Especially during exam season or internships, where I would get too stressed to eat.

I also need to pay more attention to nutrition because I currently eat like a child. 😞
When I was 15 I was forced to food shop and cook for myself, due to there being no parent at home for an extended period.

At first I was hopeless. But over time I developed more and more dishes I was comfortable preparing.

First year in Halls, most of my mates that shared the kitchen with me were eating stuff like beans on toast.
I would do stuff like buy a trout from the local fishmonger and grill it. Leading to complaints about making other people's toast tasting fishy.

I've been moving towards more unprocessed plant based foods. For 3 reasons.
1 I've gotten tired of eating flesh all the time.
2 for health reasons.
3 for the taste and texture. I love fruit, vegetables (as long as they are not overboiled), herbs, spices, nuts etc.

My Bron Mandolin gets a lot of use. Shop bought salads tend to be pretty bland. Home made salads are so much better.

Good food is one of the great pleasures in life.

Travelling and eating on different places is a great way to get inspiration for home cooking. Gourmet restaurants in France, street cafes in Bangkok, family run Tavernas in Greece etc etc etc.

I've never counted calories nor gone on a diet. My philosophy is: eat when hungry. Eat till you're full enough. Don't worry about junk food, but do watch your overall lifestyle and whether you're eating the same stuff over and over and over again.

I sometimes find it quite shocking how faddy some people are. How narrow minded they get as to what they will put in their mouths. The frustrating thing is that faddiness seems to be an incurable condition. And that it almost always results in health issues, sooner or later.
Unhealthy - stress eating, eating when bored or sad or even happy tbh.

Eating all day long basically.

Quick Reply

Latest