Jimvin2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,
I’ve applied to study Physiotherapy at a number of universities but only received two offers in separate courses. One for Health & Exercise Science BSc and one in Sports Rehab BSc. Do either of these courses provide sufficient knowledge to do the Pre-Reg Physiotherapy MSc course and if so which would be better suited? Advice from previous students in these fields would help greatly!

It’s worth noting I understand both are accepted to be considered for the course but I know physiotherapy courses are highly competitive and I’m looking for the most secure route!
Last edited by Jimvin2; 5 months ago
beatz24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jimvin2)
Hi,
I’ve applied to study Physiotherapy at a number of universities but only received two offers in separate courses. One for Health & Exercise Science BSc and one in Sports Rehab BSc. Do either of these courses provide sufficient knowledge to do the Pre-Reg Physiotherapy MSc course and if so which would be better suited? Advice from previous students in these fields would help greatly!

It’s worth noting I understand both are accepted to be considered for the course but I know physiotherapy courses are highly competitive and I’m looking for the most secure route!
Hi, sorry you didn't get what you had hoped. I was in the same position, didn't get into physio so did bsc sport and exercise science, got into msc pre-reg physio starting jan 2022. No sure about sport Rehab but sport science definitely provided me sufficient knowledge for physio in terms of anatomy and physiology and biomechanics. Also make sure that whatever course you chose has a reseach component (dissertation) it was something that was brought up alot during my interviews. And just try and get as much experience in clinical settings during your 3 years uni, it will help alot having 3 years or more of clinical experience to talk about in your personal statement & interviews.

Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads