The Student Room Group

Second Degree Funding

Hi,

I am going to university to study Operating Department Practice at Birmingham City University in September 2021.

In Summer 2020, I graduated in the UK with a degree in business.

I have applied for the student finance for my new course, which is an allied health profession, but I just wanted to check if someone could tel me that I would receive the full finance for the three years as I have a degree.

When I entered the course I was studying in the search box it said (NHS) or (Non-NHS) I submitted Non-NHS because that’s what the course is called.
Original post by Cameron19
Hi,

I am going to university to study Operating Department Practice at Birmingham City University in September 2021.

In Summer 2020, I graduated in the UK with a degree in business.

I have applied for the student finance for my new course, which is an allied health profession, but I just wanted to check if someone could tel me that I would receive the full finance for the three years as I have a degree.

When I entered the course I was studying in the search box it said (NHS) or (Non-NHS) I submitted Non-NHS because that’s what the course is called.

Hi Cameron,

We will fund the following AHP courses;
Chiropody
Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
Dietetics
Dietetics and nutrition
Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing and social work*(Dual honours)
Occupational therapy
Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
Orthoptics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry
Prosthetics and Orthotics
Radiography
Radiotherapy
Speech and language therapy

This means your previous study will not affect your eligbility.
You can apply for the full funding as long as you meet the residency criteria https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending